While many folks may be happy to leave this year behind, we can’t abandon 2016 without acknowledging some of our favorite television moments in music and dance. We won’t judge if you suddenly feel an unstoppable urge to… get down!
1. US Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez’s Foxtrot/Argentine Tango fusion dance with partner Val Chmerkovskiy during the “Dancing With the Stars” finale earned a perfect score and helped seal the deal for the pair’s Season 23 victory.
2. The Go-Go’s went on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” and rocked their hit classic “We Got the Beat” to promote their farewell tour – and the song’s 35th anniversary.
3. Ashanti and Ja Rule brought the house down at “Showtime At The Apollo” with a special performance of their latest collaboration, “Helpless” – now out on “The Hamilton Mixtape”.
4. Jimmy Fallon lived out a dream performing The Rolling Stones’ “Beast of Burden” with Billy Joel on “The Tonight Show”. Jimmy’s always happy, but you can tell this was a special one for him.
5. Music titans Maroon 5 and Kendrick Lamar teamed up on the exceedingly catchy “Don’t Wanna Know,” which they broke out at the AMAs. No disrespect to Adam Levine, but Kendrick’s presence stole the show.
6. Another epic AMA performance – this time straight out of the jungle from respective queens of pop and hip-hop, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.
7. Vanilla Ice got a surprise visit from former Texas Governor Rick Perry during his live performance of “Ice Ice Baby” on “DWTS”.
8. “So You Think You Can Dance”’s winner Kida and his partner Fik-Shun popped and locked their way into America’s hearts with this impressive showing.
9. On behalf of Team Alicia, 17-year-old Wé McDonald absolutely crushed her rendition of Billie Holiday’s “God Bless the Child” on “The Voice”. Now those are some serious pipes.
10. That lucky devil Fallon just has all the fun. This time, he helps lead a classroom instrument rendition of “Enter Sandman” – with The Roots and Metallica.