Hulu Plus for Chromecast live on iPhone

October 21st, 2013 by Karan Nischol Senior Product Manager

We know you’ve been enjoying the Hulu Plus app on Chromecast with your Android phones/tablets and iPads over the last few weeks. Today, we are excited to add the Chromecast integration for Hulu Plus to your iPhones.

The Hulu Plus integration with Chromecast will convert your app into a custom remote letting you control video on your Chromecast connected TVs, while allowing you to browse the Hulu Plus app directly from your iPhone.

Download the Hulu Plus app on your iPhone from Apple Store and let us know what you think.

Check out our awesome product tour to learn more about Hulu Plus on Chromecast for iOS and Android devices.

Last comment: Jul 31st 2014 15 Comments
  • Rudy says:

Hulu cast icon does not appear on either my PC nor my iphone. I cleared the temporary files, erased and reinstalled the app but still cast icon does not appears. Can you please assist me on this? Thank you.

• VectorRoll says:

What do you mean enjoying Chromecast for Android devices for weeks? The Chromecast button still is not anywhere on my Huluplus App for my ASUS Transformer tf300t. I have the latest android version and my HuluPlus App is all up to date. I have been asking for a while when will get it since it is being advertised as working. So am I missing something? Because it surely is not supported yet for me.

• Hi Patrick! Thanks for asking. I would double check and make sure the Kindle Fire HD is connected to the same WiFi connection as the Chromecast since that makes a big difference. I hope this helps! Thanks, Hulu Support

• Patrick says:

Hi,

The cast button appears about 20% of the time that I open Hulu+ on my Kindle Fire HD. Other apps (netflix, pandora) have the chromecast button dependably. Is there anything I can do to make the chromecast button appear more reliably?

Thanks

• Hi,

I’m sorry for the casting trouble with your iPad (and the lack of a casting icon). I’m not sure why it won’t appear – my first suggestion would be to uninstall the application, turn off your iPad for 1 minute, then turn it on and reinstall the application. If that doesn’t work, please contact us at ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ) for more help!

• JERB says:

Hi,

My Hulu plus on ipad will not cast, and there is no cast icon.

Netflix is working fine from the same ipad and Hulu Plus is casting fine from iphone.

• Sorry for the trouble casting. Could you try this: iPad – On the left of the Hulu Plus app, tap the Menu icon (three bars) > Gear icon > Settings > Temporary Files > Clear temporary files.
    iPhone – At the bottom of the Hulu Plus app, tap the More icon (three dots) > Settings > Temporary Files > Clear temporary files.
    Thanks!

• Mitch says:

Received my chromecast device today. The hulu app will not cast from my ipad 2 or iPhone 5. Both are ios7.0.3. Hulu app version 3.3.3 on both devices. I can see the cast icon and the name of the chromecast device. When I click on the name it does nothing.

• Chris says:

I forgot to include that this on the iPad.

-Chris

• Chris says:

The “cast” button is not responding (shows the loading symbol for a second but doesn’t cast) when I click the name of the device in the hulu plus application.

Hulu app and iOS are all up to date. I tried the general solutions (uninstalling, power cycling, etc) and still stuck with the same problem.

YouTube and other app casting works though, so it must be Hulu. Any additional support/advice/suggestions for this problem?

Chris

• Hi Julie,

I’m sorry to hear our iPad app is giving you trouble casting. I’ve included some troubleshooting steps at the end of this reply. Some may seem fairly basic, and it’s likely you’ve tried a few of them already, but I want to make sure we’re on the same page before moving on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Matthew S.

Here are some general troubleshooting steps to try:

• Please perform a power cycle of the TV connected with your Chromecast, router, modem, and iPad. Unplug these from power, wait at least 1 minute, and power back up.
    • Please make sure that your tablet and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The name of the network can be found on your TV screen.
    • Please try turning off any other devices that are sharing your network so all of your bandwidth is streamlined to your main device.
    • Which video were you most recently watching that gave you trouble (title, season and episode number)? Do you see the same problem if you play the video directly on your iPad?

• Julie says:

Some shows will play on ipad but won’t cast. Says contact customer support

• Hi Renee,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, at this time we have only been able to obtain rights to support Chromecast on those Android and iOS devices. If our support expands, you’ll see it announced here on the blog. In the meantime, thanks for understanding!

Tucker

• Renee says:

I just signed up for Hulu Plus because of Chromecast only to find out that I can’t cast from my windows laptop. What’s up with that? I don’t have an i or android device. Is this going to be fixed?

• Janna says:

I gave it a try on my Ipod Touch and it works great. Thank you Hulu for the hard work!