2013 Original and Exclusive Series Preview

January 8th, 2013 by Andy Forssell Acting CEO and SVP of Content

In less than two years, Hulu has distributed 25 Hulu Original and Exclusive Series, offering viewers distinctive premium programming that can’t be seen anywhere else from top creative talent and 2013 is gearing up to be another great year for exclusive and original programming on Hulu. It’s a thrill to share what we have planned, including a new slate of Original and Exclusive Series that’s chock full of superheroes-in-training, rogue French cops, high-energy mascots and more. All shows will be available on free Hulu.com and the Hulu Plus subscription service.

Hulu’s original programming returns later this summer with our first animated Hulu Original Series “The Awesomes,” co-created by Saturday Night Live’s head writer Seth Meyers and Emmy-winning producer and SNL alum Michael Shoemaker(“Late Night with Jimmy Fallon“). In our second co-production with BBC via BBC Worldwide Americas, Hulu will also present “The Wrong Mans,” a comedic thriller created by and starring Tony Award-winner James Corden (“Gavin and Stacey”) and Mathew Baynton (“Spy“), directed and produced by Jim Field Smith (“Episodes”). We will also debut docu-series “Behind the Mask” which explores the secret world of sports mascots. The project is created by Emmy award-winning filmmaker Josh Greenbaum and produced by Felipe Marino and Joe Neurater’s Occupant Entertainment.

We’ve built a steady library of some of the best shows from around the world, and 2013 will be no different. Hulu Exclusive Series that will premiere on Hulu this year include “Mother Up!” with Eva Longoria, French crime thriller “Braquo,” the second seasons of hit Israeli series “Prisoners of War,” britcoms “Pramface” and “Fresh Meat,” and the fourth season of cult reality drama “The Only Way is Essex” (“TOWIE”).

A full description of all the shows can be found here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130108006402/en/Hulu-Previews-Original-Exclusive-Programming-2013

Happy watching!

• brandon kornegay says:

Will seasons 7-10 of towie be added to hulu

• Hi Isaac,

Thanks for posting, and for watching the Criterion collection! We would love to add shows from AMC, FX and tons of other cable networks to Hulu Plus, but we will need to get the streaming rights to those shows first. Believe me, we are aware of the demand for those shows, and we’re working to acquire those rights so that we can offer the shows for our users. That isn’t a guarantee that we will get the rights, but we will do everything that we can.

If you have any specific show requests, send them to us at ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ) – we’ll pass them along to our content team!

• Isaac says:

Well, after reading some of the customer complaints and input I’m a little embarrassed to post anything. However, I do not agree with the closed minded subscriber who stated “Critorian (sic) collection is awful”. Criterion is responsible for preserving some of the most important films made and some of these titles would be impossible to find if it were not for Janus/Criterion. I’m extremely happy about the film selection but saddened that AMC, FX and certain cable shows are no longer available with a Hulu Plus subscription. As much as I love Hulu’s art house and foreign film database, I’m trying to decide if I need to pay monthly just for the one or two movies and some regular Hulu programming I could get with a free account. Either way, kudos for bringing good film to an audience (even though it seems the few customers who don’t want to use their brains are often the loudest). Thanks for your time, isaac

• Carolina says:

When will we be able to see the rest of the seasons for The only Way Is Essex? Love the show but I know there is 10 seasons?

• Larry says:

Okay…. Disregard my previous post. I am now watching episode #5. This is “homeland” squared! & i am not israeli!

• Larry jammes says:

I am on the third episode of season 1 “prisoners of war”…. “The most popular tv series in Israel ever”. What do Israelis or anyone reading this think about the depiction of treatment towards these guys who have just been freed after seventeen years? Is it believable? After one episode they are treated like “terrorists”!!!

• L Davis says:

I continue to enjoy Hulu. I’m happy to have their free open source philosophy, and hope their business model (commercials-monetizing) works well for them. I appreciate a free alternative to paid cable. Dealing with the cable company was quite burdensome, and I’m happy to no longer deal with them. If a show is dropped, which CBS tends to do, I’m not so attached to the show that I would put myself in a situation of having to deal with a cable company again in order to watch it/them. Yes, repetitive commercials are a downside, but only a downside. I appreciate what is offered and I know hulu is working on areas needing development. My only disappointment is that I cannot watch free Hulu on the tablet I had planned to purchase, even though it doesn’t have the limited parameters of a tablet. I think this may have more to do with permission issues than hulu itself, not sure. One enhancement could be having the option to pull up only shows with full episodes. Don’t watch clips.

• Brian says:

More Endgame and Booth at the End please. ( I know it has already been decided not to continue Endgame, but it can’t hurt to ask)

• Wendy Theriot says:

The onlyI reason I’m still with hulu is the easy watching of shows on at night since I work at night. I can wake up the next morning and watch. The problems with hulu technically are beginning to take it’s toll my ability to do this. These problems plus no movies worth watching (Critorian collection is awful) and the never ending SNL clips which are sad and pathetic only brings back memories of when media and television was not bias. Obama cool clip which I tried to watch was an embarrassment to SNL and to hulu. After a horrible week politically which has made us a laughing stock to the whole word and put our country in imminent danger you people should cut your ties with SNL. If people want to watch SNL let them nobody cares but don’t shove it down the throats of paying customers. Give us something to watch more in tune to the masses and not a few chosen few.

• Hi Betty,

I’m really sorry to hear about all the trouble our service has caused you. It’s hard to say right off the bat what may be to blame for this, but I assure you we’d love to help out. If you don’t mind, please contact our support team directly at ( http://www.hulu.com/support ) so we can better assist you.

Thanks for posting,
    Casey C!

• Betty Mayian says:

I am NOT hard of hearing and find the sound very poor. The commercials are annoying and are skipping and their sound is horrible, too. If it wasn’t for All My Children I wouldn’t watch Hulu. This may cure me of the AMC fix I thought I needed. Too bad. Bring back AMC to ABC – or Netflix!!!!

• Oatmealraisn88cookies says:

It””s soo Gr8 that you learned the internet. Now we can send each other emails!
    Mione is Oatmealraisn88cookies@yahoo.com
    Hope to hear from you soon
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Aaron Hoffman says:
    January 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm
    The problem I have with huku, and it is a big one, is that I am hard of hearing, and I find that 95% of the movies and tv shows are not closed captioned, I have better luck with watching shows on Netflix for that feature, which is why I recommend Netflix over huku.

• Janene Ward says:

Kill Gallagher and that commercial. Please. I don’t care what Geico does instead. Help.

• Stan says:

WTF Hulu? Couldn’t you squeeze just 10 more minutes of commercials (on top of the 7 already present) into a 21 minute episode, please? I cancelled my pay subscription because I thought you’d remove at least SOME of the commercials for paying customers. I was, of course, completely wrong! Now I see you are adding even more ad time to an already overburdened sales model. Good luck with those future revenues, you shmucks, I’m done with watching your stupid, repetitive commercials. Take the d*mn hint already!

• Very good article. I absolutely appreciate this website.
    Continue the good work!

• Aaron Hoffman says:

• Alexandra says:

My feedback after 1 week of trial: the selection of movies is truly poor, certainly inferior to Netflix.
    The one week trial is not truly 1 week, i was charged before being told that my trial was over. That is NOT a good customer experience: it makes you feel cheated.
    So i have agreed to take the 1 month free trial since i already paid $8 for nothing. I am hoping i will find something to keep me interested.

• Danny says:

Ps Vita app, please.

• Steven Gold says:

Hulu has pretty much stopped acquiring new content, particularly new Criterion content, and its site redesign seems intended to obscure information, handicap end user flexibility, and appeal to the lowest common denominator (i.e., drooling retards). Typical corporate evil, diluting the joys and pleasures of whatever it touches.

• Becca says:

Thank you for bringing us the second season of Prisoners of War!

• Nicole Bureau says:

Any one else sick of listening to this stupid “Movie43″ ad? You would think that Hulu would choose it’s advertisement more carefully. With ads like this I certainly would think twice before I recommend Hulu to anyone.
    Nicole