CBS Library TV Series Come to Hulu Plus

November 5th, 2012 by Andy Forssell Acting CEO and SVP of Content

The Hulu team spends a lot of time watching TV shows. It’s a perk of the gig. We spend hours discussing the plotlines and characters, and inevitably, the conversation always turns to the list of the shows we’d like to offer on our service. Since CBS has produced some of the most enduring content in history, their library of programming has always been high on that list.

That’s why we are so excited to announce our new multi-year licensing agreement with CBS to bring their library of TV programming to the Hulu Plus subscription service beginning in January 2013. This is in addition to the more than 400 other content partners from whom we offer current and classic TV programming on Hulu and Hulu Plus.

CBS content will begin to appear on Hulu Plus in January 2013, and over the following months, Hulu Plus subscribers will have access to more than 2,600 episodes from CBS library series such as “Medium,” “Numb3rs” and “CSI: Miami” to classics such as “Star Trek,” “I Love Lucy” and “The Twilight Zone.” Starting today, clips from “Entertainment Tonight” will also be available the day-of broadcast on Hulu and Hulu Plus (watch a clip from yesterday’s “Entertainment Tonight” below).  A selection of CBS library shows will also rotate through the free Hulu.com service and we will continue to announce additional titles on a rolling basis.

We remain ever-focused on building a differentiated and high-value service for our customers (users, content owners and advertisers) and are proud that we have built Hulu Plus to be the only online video service to offer this type of TV content selection. We hope you enjoy all the classic and contemporary library of CBS shows coming to Hulu Plus in January.

• Hi there, this weekend is nice designed for me, since this moment
    i am reading this enormous informative piece of writing here at my home.

• Alluc says:

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing this one Andy.

• Stacy says:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with having to pay for it. The actors and the networks do not work for free. Hulu most likely has contracts to run these programs. If this were not the case all tv would be free. However, I would like to be able to watch current CBS shows. I would even pay double or pay for it as an add on feature. It would still be much cheaper than cable.

• Eric Van Zeyl says:

What I can’t figure out is why Hulu Plus says Jan 2013, yet they still are not providing crap in the way of the CBS shows everyone has been waiting for. Person of Interest for example. I am a big fan of that show, yet it is March and still I don’t see it available. Elementary is not there either. One reason I signed up for Hulu Plus was that I was promised, even by this Blog that it was going to be there. IE We have a contract with CBS. Get on it Hulu Plus. Fix this snafu you all are in. I want to cancel my cable but yet won’t until you fix it. I could be saving more $$ canceling my cable if only you people stopped false advertising and got the CBS that you say you have.

• carla says:

I love hulu plus and would get rid of my dtv if only the shows I watch on cbs were available. about half of the shows I watch are on this station, so I would sorely miss them without dtv. I look forward to the day that huluplus carries the shows on cbs

• Nick edwards says:

Really everybody thats looking at hulu for free needs to pay just like everyone else huluplus $8.00 per month is not to much to ask all programs needs to go to huluplus .I am visiting this
    site and reading very informative posts here.

• Joie says:

Carl and others. Hulu is a BUSINESS, not a non-profit. What’s wrong with making money? Someone had a great idea, offered it for free until costs got too high, and now you think you’re entitled to watch it for free forever. The price is pretty good when you think about it. Costs rise and I’d rather watch a 30 second commercial than 6 minutes on regular TV. Licensing agreements cost big bucks.

I’ll bet you wouldn’t keep working for nothing. You’d figure that your labor and time were worth something. Apparently, so do the owners of Hulu. And don’t forget that you have the option of not signing up.

• I got this web page from my buddy who shared
    with me about this site and at the moment this time I am visiting this
    site and reading very informative posts here.

• jking says:

everybody thats looking at hulu for free needs to pay just like everyone else huluplus $8.00 per month is not to much to ask all programs needs to go to huluplus if you look at the cost of cable then you will agree huluplus is better then cable !!

• clint says:

when are you going to acquire the rest of the seasons of merlin? you only have 2 seasons, yet this year will be season FIVE. come on guys. get on the ball.

• Carl Lawson says:

Does’nt Hulu make enough money on running more and more commercials? Why are they now deciding to change to a PAY TV rormat? Guess in no time they will be asking for $100 per month. Is that going to happen next year to??? Just noticed how some of the shows no longer run on the Non Hulu Plus are now going right to pay Hulu Plus TV. How sad another sell out all in the name of CASH.