The Big Picture

March 15th, 2012 by Varun Narang Director, Product

While watching Hulu on your browser today, you may have noticed something different. Dwight Shrute’s head appears bigger, Sue Sylvester’s tracksuit seems starchier and Phil Dunphy’s parenting just got cooler.

I’m pleased to present to you our beautiful, new Hulu video player. Your favorite shows just got bigger.

Today, we replaced our old video player with an update that’s 55% larger. It has a new frame and a drop shadow and sits on top of a large, dark gray video matte for easy viewing. We moved all of the video details below the player and cleaned up the pattern and style for a cleaner, crisper look.

What do you think? Let us know. We’re constantly listening to customer feedback and finding ways to bring you the best possible user experience. We hope you enjoy watching your favorite shows on the new player. Because when it comes to premium video experiences online, we see the big picture.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the feedback! To address some of the comments:

• The pop-out feature can be found under the “more” link below the player.
  • We’ll bring back the lower lights option shortly.

Thanks again! We appreciate all the comments — they help us continually refine our user experience.

Last comment: Sep 2nd 2017 222 Comments
  • Hi Amber,

We’ve returned the Autoplay option! Navigate to: Account => Privacy & Settings => Settings => Player Settings

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Dave

• La says:

Just curious. You have responded to most of the posts in very short order, but there has been no response at all to the numerous concerns about the autoplay issue. Does this mean that you have no intentions of addressing the situation?

• TMN says:

AUTOPLAY!!! WTF guys? Bring back the option to stop a video, or at least make it so I can put something at the bottom of my queue and have the player STOP when it hits the end, instead of randomly pulling things from HIGHER IN THE LIST. What’s the point of a queue if the autoplay gremlin is just going to grab things at random anyway???

• Eric says:

Please bring back the auto play button. I do not want the next show to automatically start.

• Jackie says:

Where did the pop link go? I don’t see the more section? … moving the pop out link was a bad decision.

• jay says:

to be real honest… i liked the old UI more.

has any one every notice if they use the space-bare (pause) after the 3rd commercial… it will sometimes freak out and go to the last two seconds of the video and then instantly play the next episode? that is real annoying especially when you are watching subtitled show/movie…

• Jaya says:

The new player pretty much sucks. After an ad the program often has skipped way ahead, so I’ve missed half the show. Sometimes it just advances to the next show. Awful player. I never had these problems with the old player. Hulu used to be great. Now? Not so much. Sad.

• amber says:

PLEASE bring back auto play option! I just want to watch The Morning After before I head out the door, but my dog ends up watching my queue after I leave for work. Then I have to go to my history to find out what was played! Three commercials in a row now?? I love TMA but you are making it very difficult to stay a customer …

• Dahlia says:

I have to say I am not a fan…for some reason every time I am watching something, after it breaks for commercial it will jump a few scenes ahead or start the next video before I’ve watched 10 minutes of the first one! Really annoying because then I have to rewind to where I was watching and then I get to watch the commercials all over again. It’s bad enough that we have to watch commercials AND pay a monthly fee(And they keep getting longer and longer!), but to constantly have to keep adjusting the ticker to the spot you left off…what is up hulu? This started as a great service, now it just keeps getting worse and worse. Like Netflix, maybe you should raise your prices too. This is the last straw…cancelling this service.

• Melissa Arnaz says:

Okay, it has been said many times, but I just want to add myself to the list of people who hate not having the option to turn off autoplay. When I am getting ready for work in the morning, I like to have something on, but do not want to have to go over and pause autoplay when it is over, when I should be halfway out the door. It also prevents my computer from auto hibernating (because it stays active playing shows all day for my empty house). Like many others, I also used to watch shows just before bed. I highly doubt advertisers would appreciate knowing their ads are being played to half of us while we are asleep or gone for the day.

• c says:

The only thing I noticed is that when I pause to look at something in the picture the picture is dimmed ruining the pause feature. I saw no improvement only this design flaw.

• Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for posting and I’m sorry for the trouble. Please contact us directly for assistance. You can reach us via email through our support form ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ).

Regards,
    Russ

• Kelsey says:

The new player does not work

• Amy says:

This is a BIG problem – there needs to be a way to disable autoplay.

In a previous comment you said you are sorry about the “trouble” with the Auto Play feature… Does that mean it’s going to be fixed? Because this is a serious problem…

The inability to disable autoplay is a deal-breaker for me. And making me disable temporarily after each show is a joke, especially with only 60 seconds to do so before some other show I didn’t want to watch starts playing.

• Ian says:

The new player you have just released lacks the ability to but a black boarder around the subtitles like the old one did. For anime fans that are not fluent in Japanese this was effectively a necessity if we wanted to ensure that we could read and understand what is happening on the story. Please address this issue, put the subtitle options back into the player.

Ian

• tom says:

2nd time trying to leave a post about AutoPlay! I really like Hulu, but I like my beauty rest much more. Sorry to say, if my option to permanently disable AutoPlay isn’t restored soon, I will be canceling my account.

• Dan says:

I have to echo the others in saying that the inability to turn off auto play has led to significantly less viewing on my part since I can’t watch in bed anymore without having to get up to turn it off. Why would you force autoplay on us when you already had implemented a way to turn it on and off?

• Tom says:

Yeppers, I too like to drift off to sleep while watching one of my favorite shows on Hulu….. but I do not like waking up through out the night and in the morning with those shows or others still playing. Sad to say, if my option of “permanently disabling AutoPlay” isn’t restored within the next few days…. I will be canceling my Hulu account. Love Hulu….. Love my beauty rest more :)

• La says:

Please PLEASE bring back the feature that allows us to disable autoplay. I cannot for the life of me understand why you would just assume that someone – that ANYone – would want no control over their player. I used to select one program before snuggling in for the night, and just as the show was ending I was drifting off to sleep. Perfect. Now my only choices are to get up and turn it off (which of course wakes me back up making the whole process pointless) or let it run all night (which of course wakes me up a dozen times during the course of the night)… or give up Hulu altogether. I truly do appreciate your efforts at improvement, but making autoplay automatic was definitely not an improvement.

• Autoplay Hater says:

It is very disappointing that autoplay is not forced on people. The few seconds one has to “pause” autoplay after a video is a joke, and as others have pointed out the notion that it’s off for 4 hours is simply not true. It may juice your video views in the short-term, but it makes Hulu much less watchable.

• Tabby says:

I miss being able to turn off auto play and having it stay off. It’s a pain to turn it off after each show. I want to pick what I want to watch and the order that I want to watch it in, I don’t want Hulu to try making that decision for me with auto play.

• Luis says:

I hope you bring back the option to permanently turn off Autoplay. I dislike autoplay unless it’s of a list of videos I picked myself. Autoplay should be off by default and turned on if you want that, or at the very least given me a choice on whether I want autoplay on or off.

• Maureen says:

I really dislike the new Auto Play “options”. Having to “Pause Auto-Play” after each episode is cumbersome, and if I happen to doze off (I enjoy watching Hulu before bed) I have to go back and add everything I missed (because I wasn’t actually watching) to my queue. It does not, as has been suggested, turn auto-play off for 4 hours once you do it once (I tried). I suspect this new feature has more to do with advertising revenue that user experience.

• Hi there,

I’m very sorry about the trouble with our Auto Play feature. I understand that it can be frustrating when features are modified unexpectedly, so I appreciate the feedback. We are always looking to improve the viewing experience at Hulu.com, and updating our site player to be as efficient and elegant as possible is part of that.

The good news is you can still turn Auto Play off temporarily. At the end of every video you watch on Hulu.com, there will be a popup that says “Pause Auto Play”. If you click this, Auto Play will be turned off for the next four hours of playback.

Thanks!
    Michael B.

• M says:

I love it! So classy :D

• Adam says:

How do you turn off autoplay on this new player? On the old player, it was on the left-hand side of the controls (about where the “rewind 10 seconds” option is now), but I cannot find this on/off option on the new player.

• Adam says:

How do you turn off autoplay on this new player?

• Helena says:

I do wish we could make the Hulu player smaller (the new Netflix player is amazeballs!) because I like to have The Daily Show and whatever else on as I work mindlessly on spreadsheets at work.

• Ash says:

I noticed two things that have made things really really really frustrating trying to watch hulu on my computer.
    1. The pop-out player once popped out is no longer adjustable.
    2. When playing content in the main window that window is not adjustable.
    Both of these things make it very difficult to get any other work done while watching content because I can’t adjust any of my windows. There’s no way to make the screens smaller any more.

• Hi Sandra and Brian,

I’m sorry for the streaming issues you’re experiencing. If you can please get in touch with us at http://www.hulu.com/support, we’d love to help get your issues resolved. We look forward to hearing from you.

Shirley

• Amber says:

Just joined last night and getting ready to cancel. My Blu-Ray player offered a “sample” of Hulu. Watched an entire how and it was great! So I went ahead and joined last night and have yet to be able to watch anything. The speed over my router exceeds the requirements listed. As I write this a show has been “loading” for approx 25 minutes. That is unexceptable. I know there is not an issue with my router because like I stated I was able to sample Hulu, watching an entire show with no problem. So it works fine to lure you in, but once you start paying it stops working. Hillarious.

• Sandra says:

Why is the player unavailable for my computer? I used to be able to play Hulu without problem, now it keeps saying that I don’t have the player, when I know I do?? HELP

• brian says:

ok so ive had hulu for about 2 hours and ive gotten the “there’s a problem with the hulu plus service” message about…… o i dont know….. 24 times (started counting after the first 10 or so) im using my xbox and its all hard wired in so maybe you should fix this instead if just putting you plain message “im sorry your having that problem please check are page that you have most likely checked a million times already so we can ignore the HUNDREDS OF UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS. and dont forget to send us your feedback because it wont matter anyways!!!!” GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BUTT AND FIX THIS STUFF NOW!

• Christopher715 says:

6.28.2012 Signed up for Hulu+, and cancelled the subscription in less than 10 minutes, as there were NONE OF THE SHOWS THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR/INTERESTED IN. I’ll just keep my NETFLIX (which streams beautifully!!!) and let HULU figure out it’s “programming”……..There was nothing to “keep me interested’ even at 8 bucks a month………

• Sorry to hear that; which device are you using?

• Unfortunately playlist creation and editing has been disabled on our site for the time being. We are always looking to expand our services offered, and to improve the experience of watching at hulu.com. That being said this was a largely under-used feature and we will be making way for new and exciting tools and additions in the future.

Keep in mind that similar features are available with your Queue. To play the videos in your queue in order, or adjust the order they’re in, just click on the List View option above your queue items. This will list every episode from 1-? and if you click on a video while in this view the autoplay feature will continue to play the videos from your queue in order until it reaches the final video.

For now I want to apologize for the loss of this tool, but I’ll pass along your feedback as nothing we do happens in a vacuum, and user input is essential to our growth and improvement.

• Max says:

Showing full buffer, my video is choppy and stuttery. Whatever this update was it is effectively ruining the Hulu experience.

• Minyah says:

[How to add to playlist??]
    New player is working fine but I noticed that it is not possible to ‘add to playlist’ anymore. It seems as if there is currently nolonger a function to add new items to playlists.

Before the change, there was a check box beside the video listing with a choice to “add to playlist” and a list of all of your current playlists would appear in a mini droplist where you can choose which playlist to add it to.

Now there is currently only an ‘add to Queue’ option that only becomes a checkmark once selected. It seems as if there is currently no way to add anything to a playlist anymore. The edit playlist feature is there but you can only organize the playlist and delete from it, name it, etc.

Is this temporary?

• Lauren says:

For the past several weeks, I have tried to watch tv shows on Chrome, but frequently get an error message that the ads cannot load. I had never installed adblock, but there is no alternate troubleshooting advice offered. I finally *did* load adblock, and then ran the suggested troubleshooting, but still run into the same error messages. Sometimes the ads load when I refresh the page, but often they don’t, and i have to quit out of chrome and then come back to the page.

This is *incredibly* aggravating, and rarely occurred prior to the past couple of weeks.

• Rinad says:

Hello! I’m having trouble with the new video settings on hulu. Whenever I try to watch a video it starts out perfectly and then changes. There is a small button labeled Video Settings on the side but no matter which one I try it never works. Its always blurry! I even tried the reconnect button. Please Help!!

• Alfredo says:

I am having the same issues as all of the people have mentioned. Video is now choppy, sound is out o synch. After a commercial the video doesn’t load.

I have also read all of the comments by the Hulu Support. Why do you insist on making changes to peoples computers or settings, when it is CLEAR that all of us did not have bandwidth issues or wireless issues until this new heavier player was added. If you are limiting the service to people that are ONLY RUNNING devices that are hardwired YOU ARE GOING to lose a large portion of your clients. I have been a long time Hulu PLUS customer and advocate, but if I can no longer watch Hulu due to your new REQUIREMENTS, I will need to cancel my account as it no longer meets my REQUIREMENTS.
    Please FIX your player and make it less bulky, or provide us with alternatives and options.

• Hi Juliet,

Thanks for writing in. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having issues with your service. Since the troubleshooting steps we recommend vary between devices, can you tell us a bit more about your setup?

Hulu Plus Support

• Hi Emma,

Hulu Plus Support

• Juliet says:

I contacted Hulu last month when I began having problems viewing & streaming on my TV and laptop. Although your service person was really nice, Hulu made it sound as if MY internet connection wasnt fast enough to properly stream. Now that I’m reading all these comments, I am upset that I am still paying $7.95 per month when I havent been able to watch Hulu stream ANYTHING for months. Now even watching on my laptop, EVERYTHING freezes and the video constantly reloads or I get the “error message” , Is there anything I can do to get Hulu properly streaming on my TV and laptop??

• EmmaWakely says:

I am having issues with the new player. the video will start playing, the sound is there..but there is no picture. how do i fix this?

• Hi Curtis,

Sorry for the trouble while watching Hulu on your computer. Would you be able to contact us here ( bit.ly/98aFEW ), so we can help troubleshoot?

• CurtisScott says:

New player cripples service performance. Brilliant move. Hey, here’s a concept for you: BETA TESTING. Because somebody needs to be FIRED for your new & “improved” Hulu.

• Jesse Hicks says:

Why can’t I use regular Hulu on the IPad?

Why should I have to pay to use what others can use for free?

• Ali J says:

I am unable to use the new player as well! At first my commercials would freeze and now it’s completely stopped altogether. Flash is up-to-date, they’re no viruses, I’ve tinkered with just about every control, cookie, etc…nothing. :(

• Luke,

Sorry for the trouble with our new site player! Please let us thoroughly troubleshoot this for you!

We look forward to resolving this for you.

Daniel

• Luke says:

Ever since you changed players, I cannot stream anything. I tried downgrading the picture, using different browsers, however, nothing works. I noticed it a day ago and thought it was my computer. Since nothing has changed but the date and all these other people have the same issue, I guess it’s you.

• Carole Sheftic says:

I can not get your new and improved HULU. I can not watch Bones or House or any of my other favorite shows unless they come through the networks

• Dennis Fair says:

I cannot use HULU starting this week. I am having issues with this site, streaming is horrible as listed above by the other users. . As of right now this site is unusable; and I will not be using it or recommending it to other users until the problem is resolved

• Stev says:

I would like it if I could watch the videos in smaller size. I run a laptop and do work on one side and video on the other. But the larger screen makes it so that I can’t see the entire video.

• Hi Kesha,

Thanks for contacting us! I’m very sorry for your troubles with streaming on our site. Please let us thoroughly troubleshoot this for you!

We look forward to resolving this for you.

Daniel

• Kesha says:

Having issues with this site, streaming is horrible as listed above by the other users. I do not have an Adblock, as you listed as a recommend fix. As of right now this site is unusable; and I will not be using it or recommending it to other users until the problem is resolved

• Gabe says:

The shows are unwatchable. I have a high speed internet connection and have never had this problem. My computer is running at 70-80%, and that’s with a 360p resolution. Impossible, just impossible.

• For those experiencing site playback issues, if you’ve already tried the troubleshooting steps listed at http://www.hulu.com/support/article/166587 and are still running into trouble, please contact us at http://www.hulu.com/support. We’d be more than happy to help resolve any playback issue you’re having with our site!

Shirley

• JimC says:

Video is un-watchable its so laggy, choppy, etc. Never a problem in the past…

• Janice says:

The new player is not good at all. I have been using the same computer and Internet connection as I have in the past and only recently the shows started to be really slow. I have to constantly pause for the video to buffer and when the video resumes, the image is pixelated and takes about 3-5 seconds for the video to catch up to the audio. The ads are choppy as others have described. I didn’t even notice a change in the player, but I noticed something had changed when I began having problems.

• thomas agemian says:

This site stinks. Nothing works, I’m paying a fortune for Tripleplay, and I can’t use it. It blows!

• Peter says:

I cannot locate the ‘more’ button. While the larger screen may have seemed like a better idea, I cannot multitask on my computer. I’m honestly more likely to find all of these illegally if I can’t have a smaller player. Maybe a “size drop down menu” from the full-screen button?

• Roxie says:

Well…the new player simply doesn’t work on my computer at all. (Macbook Pro, running Safari, Java up to date). It’s just a big black box. And the tech support section of the website doesn’t seem to address this issue at all. So… awesome.

• Karen Hoopengardner says:

I agree with many of the above responses about the new player. The advertisements do freeze up all the time. I want the pop up back and as to the size, as seen in many comments we were already able to have our option to go to full screen. We have lost many of our own paying options which should be one major reason we pay and had our options. I signed up for many reasons that you have now done away with. I hope your reading all these comments because as I have read them and if your own company wishes for customers to write them, well we do it for a reason. HOPEFULLY, I see the same things written over and over SO when are you,,HULU going to read and offer your customers the options and reasons to go back and do WHAT we joined and Pay for??

• Hi Belinda,

Thanks for writing in. To see a list of our supported devices that you can connect to your TV, take a look at the following page:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hulu Plus Support

• Belinda says:

How do you stream Hulu Plus on to the television?

• iluvhatemail says:

moving the popout link was not a good UI decision

• Hello Isabel–

I recommend using the pop-out player. Just click “More” under the video player, and you’ll be able to resize the pop-out screen as you see fit.

Brad

• Isabel says:

Is there anyway to make the screen smaller, maybe back to the old size? I like to multitask as I watch videos and I would like more than 1/5th of my screen in which to open another window without covering the video.

• Hi Nicole,

You can still pop out videos on our website, the option has just been moved. If you press the “more” button below the the player, the “Pop-out video” option will appear.

Grady

• Nicole says:

I’m SUPER UPSET about no pop-out function to keep my Hulu window open to my own preference in size. I am not a fan at all.

• Katy says:

UPDATE FAIL ON ALL DEVICES- TESTED SEPARATELY ON MY: windows pc’s running vista, and 7, imac, macbook pro, ps3, ipad, iphone4s, wii, and roku (all used separately with the rest of the devices powered off and no network usage other than the device being tested fyi) are EXTREMELY choppy and skip repeatedly I was trying to watch a show and it took 45 minutes to get 5 minutes into it, this has been going on for approx a week and its extremely frustrating for a family who just ditched cable to go to these services!!!! (ps: I told hubby getting rid of cable would be fine and he would still be able to watch shows when he gets home from Afghanistan but this is not looking promising!)

• Siobhan Garvey says:

I really DON’T like the new player. I used to use a quarter of my screen for hulu videos while doing my work. Without being able to see such a large portion of the player, it almost seems useless to try to watch a show when there’s so much going on in the periphery of the player. There’s no way I can keep multitasking with the size of the player distracting me while I’m trying to do other things. At the very least, give subscribers the option of choosing the size of the player or have a player that adjusts to the size of the window (like the Netflix player does). And if that option only goes to paid subscribers along with all that other hulu+ junk, there’s no way I’ll stay loyal to this website. I know this issue just seems to be a matter of preference, but it seems to be getting very negative reviews from viewers like me. New player? NO THANKS.

• Haley says:

Hi. I would say this has good intentions but the player is now too big for my 15 inch screen. It literally cuts off the top and bottom. The player even stays the same size if I use the zoom feature. Like others have said, it makes multitasking very annoying. The only way I could get it to a smaller player was using the pop-out button, which sounds like a solution but is really a hindrance. It is the difference between clicking between tabs within one window, which are easy to go back and forth, and clicking between multiple windows, which can be difficult if using full screen option / collapsed taskbar buttons. Again, as I have a much smaller screen, this amounts to a lot more clicking around. In today’s world where speed of utility is everything, this is quite the annoyance. I am a fan of a bigger player, but I think having the ability to re-size would be a much appreciated option. Thanks.

• Deb says:

It’s been freezing up on me too, this is not fun. This is my only access to TV since I live out in the country with NO cable or sat options. I guess I’ll have to give it up and go back to reading books!

• JJ says:

I get just under 16Mb download speed from speedtest.net. I’m on a Macbook Pro 2.5Gz and 4 Gb RAM, and I’m not experiencing choppy video as well. Any solution to this? It’s made the site unusable.

• dole says:

pleas switch back to the old view, or have an option to do so. i am unable to watch anything now. i can not get past the first two commercials. it freezes. i did not have any problems before the change.

• David says:

I DO NOT LIKE YOUR NEW PLAYER …. NOT AT ALL.

The POPUP resizable window was IDEAL – and is an absolute must. Like many others that have commented here – we, in the digital age, are MULTI-TASKERS – and we can watch TV whilst doing other things. Put quite simply – THE NEW PLAYER EATS UP FAR TOO MUCH REAL ESTATE – even on high res screens with oodles of pixels in all directions.

Either bring back the ‘pop-up’ option – or make it possible to frame JUST the video and resize it in the current window.

This ONE SIZE IS ALL YOU GET – either most of your screen or ALL of your screen – is not only heavy handed – it is exactly the way all the other ‘players’ out there work.

Can we say “YUCK” ?

• Leslie Landman says:

I just wrote in to resign from being a member, thinking it was just me having problems using the PAID service which I actually looked forward to having, but after a two month free trial, found impossible to use. Impossible to navigate through or watch anything, now I see the intro to a new player, and it sounds like I wasn’t the only one. I get the feeling (you all started out really so great, fabulous service and people trying to put this together, I loved you initially) but looks like the idea was buried by the inability to put it together technically/ cut short in the creative design by stockholders or investors? There was great talent in there initially!

• Hi!

For those of you having trouble with the player appearing cropped when using your browser’s zoom function, we are aware of this issue and are looking into it. Thank you for your patience.

• For those of you having issues with choppy advertisements after the site update, does this happen across browsers? What kind of results are you getting from http://www.speedtest.net? We definitely want to help you out.

• Hey Kristin, so sorry for the trouble here. We’ve had a few reports of this issue and have deployed a fix. If you’re still having trouble, there may be an interference with AdBlock. To fix the problem, click the “ABP” icon and then uncheck the “Enabled for this site” option.
    Then…
    1. In the browser window, click on the AdBlock icon between the address bar and the wrench
    2. Select Options
    3. Go to the Customize tab
    4. Next to the section that reads “Manually edit your filters”, click Edit
    5. Enter the text below into the field and click Save

@@|http://*.hulu.com

If you’re still having trouble though, do not hesitate to let us know! We want to get this working for you.

• Alyssa says:

Just like everyone else has said, the video is SO choppy now. Commercials were always choppy for me, but they would just be skipped and the video would start. It took over half an hour to get through a 2.5 minute commercial. Nothing works to fix it, and it happens in every browser I have. This needs to be fixed. I don’t see the point in paying for this service if I can’t use it.

• Adam says:

Want to confirm a couple comments I’ve seen already–videos are now very choppy. Anything shot with a handheld camera makes me almost nauseous to watch it. Also, you definitely need to add an option to re-size the player. I, too, would multitask online while watching Hulu, now the quality of that experience is quite diminished. Did you Beta-test this with any current users? If not, it would be wise to do so in the future.

• Patricia Wlken says:

Is there a way to make the screen smaller? When I want to use two separate browser windows, I can’t see the whole Hulu screen like I used to be able to before the change.

• Alexander Abcarius says:

I tried the pop-out function and it is perfect for my needs. Kudos.

• Amit says:

I have hulu plus and for some reason it wont show me the 720p option to play my video’s, only 480p and the other lowers one. Plz fix this.

• Dissatisfied User says:

The new, larger view is too large and causes the video to stutter and lag while the audio continues uninterrupted. This did not happen with the smaller view. Please include an option to adjust the video size. I, and many other users, do not want “large” or “extra large” as the only options.

• Rachel Stravinskas says:

I’d love to watch the new videos, but Hulu will not work on my tablet, Roku2 box, or Xbox360…. I’ve had problems all week, and now I’m getting nothing at all. Kinda glad I didn’t cancel Netflix yet guys :(

• Mari says:

I dislike the lack of an option for a smaller window size. The non-optional large size is now too obtrusive while multitasking and/or gets mostly buried by other open windows.

• Anne says:

I can now watch past the first two ads, but the ads still freeze up. I then have to reload the vid (and lose my place). I’m using Chrome.

• Jon says:

The new player works fine for me. Although is seems to be a solution in need of a problem. I watch things at full screen and have a very fast computer and connection. My issue with the new player is that the place to rate the episode seems to be missing.

• Jason McClain says:

The new player is not very workable. It is too large for my 15″ laptop, and you have taken sizing options away. CMND+ and CMND- use to adjust player size. Now it does not. This is a step backwards and takes choice away from your users. Bad idea.

• Alexander Abcarius says:

I used to fit the browsing window to a video’s window and run other things next to it, but now the new size crowds the screen and leaves little room for much else. I would love a smaller player option for multitasking.

• Tommy says:

Ever since the update, all videos are slow and choppy at full screen. We have to watch them in the window and even then it is choppy at times. Happens in all browsers. The layout itself is nice but I’d like it if the videos were watchable again. Please fix this!!!

• Benn says:

Not happy with the larger size. The smaller size was so much easier to have open and half watch half listen to while working. Now the screen is so large that it takes up valuable work space and gets me in trouble with my boss. Please at least add an option to have the smaller screen. I would use the pop out but as it is not connected to the player I have to keep going and finding my programs again every 45 minutes which again is a waste ot time while I am working and gets me in trouble.

• debi shaw says:

hey, I have Hulu Plus and now your videos will not play on my windows 7 computer!!! I get error messages saying it will not play on my device. I am not using a device, I am using a full desktop computer. How can I fix this???? Help!!!!!

• Max says:

Ever since you updated your video player, Hulu has been playing slow and choppy, especially the commercials which constantly freeze. Consequently we have to wait and wait for the video to resume, often having to close the browser and restart from scratch. We have tried opera, chrome, firefox, and safari — ALL have the same problem. We never had this problem before. There was the option to use a full screen anyway, so we cannot understand your reasoning, especially since it’s caused this malfunction, which happened at EXACTLY the same time you updated your video player.

• Martin says:

Can you make an option to go back to a smaller player or an old player? The new player makes multi-tasking a pain. I’m not sure I really get the rationale for making the standard video size so big. There was already a full screen option for those who wanted the video to be large. Now there is no option for those who want the video to be smaller and less obtrusive.

• Alberto says: