Hulu Plus Available on Barnes and Noble’s NOOK Tablet™

November 16th, 2011 by Lonn Lee Sr. Product Manager, Hulu Mobile Applications

What gets me up in the morning is the opportunity to innovate. I get to work with a smart team at Hulu and talented teams with our partners to make watching current season TV and popular movies more convenient and enjoyable than ever before. The constant pursuit of better ways pushes us forward to bring our customers what they want, how they want it.

That’s why I’m excited to announce that Hulu Plus is now available on Barnes and Noble’s NOOK Tablet. Hulu Plus subscribers can simply tap the preloaded Hulu Plus app on the NOOK Tablet and via Wi-Fi®, instantly stream current season episodes of hit shows like Up All Night, New Girl, The Office, The Colbert Report and America’s Next Top Model. Catch up on classic series including Grey’s Anatomy and Lost, or explore hundreds of popular acclaimed movies from Miramax and the Criterion Collection. New subscribers can easily sign up for Hulu Plus on the NOOK Tablet for only $7.99/month.

We are coming soon to NOOK Color™, so stay tuned for the upcoming announcement. Until then, enjoy watching your favorite shows your way.

Last comment: Sep 14th 2014 65 Comments
  • Hi Tanya,

I do apologize for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with our app on the Nook. I was able to find your Hulu Plus account with the email you included in this post, but I did not see any previous support contacts so I’m unsure what troubleshooting steps you’ve already gone through. Since the issues you are having may need more detailed attention, please contact us at support@hulu.com. Again, I am sorry for any frustration. We look forward to hearing from you and we’re happy to help.

Athenna P.

• Tanya Gay says:

Hulu plus is Not working on my nook tablet. It worked when I first installed it. Now I’m thinking this company is just taking money from my card. I’ve already already contacted hulu support, not much support there , it just worked a little bit then quit again. I want to watch the new season of my favorite shows, but I think I might just give up & cancel hulu plus.

• sims says:

So my cable crapped out and I grabbed my Nook to find the end of this movie I was watching… I found it on Hulu… so I signed up… oh wait, I cant watch it though. Great Hulu has my credit card details but I cannot login. Maybe that I can’t watch it on my Nook Color should be addressed before one signs up. Just saying. Clearly I can cancel but thats really not the point.

• Hi Jenny,

Unfortunately since the Nook Color is an older tablet model, I’m afraid we won’t be supporting it in the near future, our apologies. Please take a look at our supported device page, (http://bit.ly/105P8BJ) Also, we do support the Nook Tablet though!

Dave

• Jenny says:

It’s over a year and a half later and STILL no Hulu Plus app for the Nook Color.

• Hi Michael,

I’m sorry for any confusion. We don’t have the rights to put the current season of Psych on your tablet – we’ve only got the rights to stream it on our website from a standard computer. We do, however, have the rights to stream seasons 1-4 of Psych on your tablet.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Michael B.

• Michael says:

why can’t i get the current season of psych on my tabet? i have no problem getting them online.

• Sorry for the trouble, we’d be happy to help get Hulu Plus your Nook HD up and running. Please reach out to us through this form. ( http://www.hulu.com/support )

Thanks, Grady, Hulu Support

• CD says:

HULU PLUS on the nook HD appears to be defective. Does anyone have any solutions? HULU doesn’t seem to ahve any.

• Stephanie says:

This post was made over a year ago. I would like to know what your definition of soon is? We were promised by both HULU and B&N that this feature would be available on the Nook Color. You keep stringing us along, does HULU have any intention on honoring their promises to their customers?

• Hannah says:

I am STILL waiting for the Hulu Plus on Nook Color. You have all of these people telling Hulu Plus what they want/need, yet you are still not providing. Very disappointing. It really shouldn’t be extremely difficult.. I’m frustrated that I’m limited to my computer, it would be really nice to be able to connect on my Nook Color- Netflix has an app, why can’t Hulu Plus?

• Carlos says:

When Nook Color is supported, then I will subscribe to Hulu Plus. Until, I have Netflix

• lexi says:

do you have an idea when the app will be on the nook color? just wondering. thanks for everything. and i just wanted to say that huluplus is amazing but, when glee season 4 comes out you should try to up load it. thankyou

– lexi :)

• crity says:

I thought Nook Color was getting Hulu with an update. This is a little frustrating and I don’t think any of us know who’s to blame. But we were given the impressing it was coming to nook color. The good thing for you all is so many people want Hulu…so maybe you could manage to please your customers? If there is a problem with getting it on the color, someone just needs to say that. Glad to see your on Apple now, after I bought a sony media streamer – just for Hulu:)

• Robert says:

I also have been waiting since last fall for HuluPlus on my Nook Color. I cancelled Hulu Plus last month, and don’t know if I’ll use it again — am tired of all the waiting.

• cat says:

I just got thenook tablet and was happy to see that i could use my hulu plus sunbscription on this device. However i was dissapointedto see that some of the shows i like to watch were not available for streaming on the nook. Is this something that may improve or will unavailable showsremainunavailable?

• ken says:

At this time I am canceling my hulu plus subscription… I feel I have waited too long for the nook color app. Maybe we should all just cancel.

• There are some fascinating points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There’s some validity but I’ll take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like extra! Added to FeedBurner as properly

• Hi Sarah,

I’m sorry for the login trouble. Could you contact us at ( hulu.com/support/support_form ), so we can help figure out what’s going on?

• Hi Kris,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the trouble with your Nook. If you wouldn’t mind, could you contact us at ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ), so we can help troubleshoot?

• Serah says:

Ok i have a hulu plus account but eveytime i try to log in.. my nook tells me i have ti subscribe to hulu plus to use My own account which i sstupid because at the same time hulu is taking my money..

• kris says:

Hi. I have a Nook Tablet with Hulu Plus preloaded. I have watched tv shows through hulu plus on my tablet but during the last day or so, I get a pop up message that says “THIS VIDEO CANNOT BE FOUND”. I am signed in. I am going onto Hulu using the app & this message occurs whether I search for a tv show or movie or click on one that is suggested on Hulu’s Homepage. Please help! Thanks!

• Jenny says:

I’ve been waiting for the PROMISED Hulu Plus app for my Nook Color since this announcement. Totally ironic: Today I was watching Hulu Plus via the iPhone app and during the show there was an ad for the Nook. Funny. Anyway, I bought a Kindle Fire, which does have the Hulu Plus app. But it would sure be nice if the Nook Color would come through with it like we were told it would be “soon” SEVEN months ago. I’m fine watching on my Kindle, but my husband has the Nook and he’s jealous and keeps asking ME when the app is coming. I say I dunno; they said in November that it was “coming soon to Nook Color.” Whatever.

• John says:

I purchase the Nook Color when the Nook Tablet first came out. The display model of both had Hulu Plus on them. I got mine home and could not find Hulu Plus pre-loaded or in the app store. Next time I went to B&N the clerk said that it was not available for the Color. I ponted out that their display model for the Color has it. He looked and saw it. He figured it was running an updated version of the firmware or it was rooted. We compared my Color with the display and they were running the same firmware. He gave me the number for tech support. I called tech support, that’s a joke. The tech saud it was available for bith the Color and Tablet. He could not find the app for the Color and said he would have his supervisor contact me about it without 72 hours. It has been 4 1/2 months. Anyway to get a class action lawsuit against B&N over this issue of no Hulu Plus?

• johnathan says:

I think all of us that b&n lied to should go to your locall store and demand your money back. What can they do say no? Not if 100s of us appear at one time.They said hulu plus would be available on the nook color. They lied. Thats grounds for getting our money back. Someone blog about it. Too many of our rights are being stolen. I for one am sick of it. WHO FEELS THE SAME?

• rev. johnathan stanlry says:

I was told when i purchased my nook coor back in february that hulu plus would be available soon. It is now June. Do you have any release dates or was b& n just lying to me so i would buy this device. Deception is never good.and it will come back to bite you in the throat. I now heard you have no intention of ever releasing hulu plus on the nook color and they wont give me my money back. I hate liars. Either release the app or dont lie to the consumer.

• Tiana says:

That just sucks. Why promise something and never keep your promise. B&N could have just mention netflix and everybody wouldn’t expect any other features. But they did promise Hulu plus and bail on us which shows that they don’t give a damn about customers and their promises.

b&n sucks!

• Jake says:

I’m cancelling my hulu plus account because you keep saying the app is coming yet it never does. I guess I’ll keep my Netflix account which is supported.

• Hi Keyana,

Thanks for your post. I’m very sorry that we don’t currently support your Nook Color. Because Android tablets each have a different set of specifications that we need to take into account, we’re only able to support a select number of them at this point in time. While I don’t have a time frame to share right now, we’ll be adding new Android devices regularly.

• Keyana says:

5 months later and still no Hulu Plus app for the Nook Color.

• Jessica says:

I’m SO tired of waiting for the Hulu Plus app for Nook Color. I subscribed MONTHS ago because it was “coming soon” and now I can’t even watch it anywhere other than my desktop computer. I know it’s a “first world problem” and all but, really, what’s the holdup? At least give us an update. Thanks.

• Lisa S. says:

I will subscribe to Hulu once it is available on Nook Color. When will that be?

• Jeff says:

“We are coming soon to NOOK Color™”

4 months and still no app? There are more than a few of us waiting, please give us an update.

• Aaron Edwards says:

Hi,
    I realize the topic of the Transformer Prime has been raised already, but I’m raising it again. I see no indication on the devices available section to even hint that Hulu is thinking about working with Asus, and I would really, really, really like you to.

Please, put the Transformer Prime on your radar. Thanks. :)

• BruceMcF says:

Same as the previous ~ Nook Color owner, waiting for HuluPlus to be available on my Nook Color before restarting my HuluPlus subscription to use on my Roku and Nook Color.

Dudes, 360p and soon is better than 480p but never shows up in the store … if I wanted full resolution video I would have got a Nook Tablet.

• Ken says:

Have you forgotten the Nook Color???????????

• Yvonne says:

Mr. Lee, anything new on Hulu Plus for Nook Color? Thanks.

• Debra Griffin says:

I have a Nook tablet I had a hilarity plus account that I cancelled because every thing I tried to watch came up my settings were wrong it could not play..help.

• JoJo says:

Pleeeease make the app for Nook Color. Please make it be ready. I am tired of waiting for it and checking for it. I would have just bought the Tablet had I known it would be this long.

• Jason says:

I just bought the Nook Color at Best Buy and was also told that I could stream Hulu to it, but have now found out that I can’t. Please tell me the app is coming out for the Nook Color soon.

• Robert says:

i have a nook tablet and have an account with hula but i am unable to log in on my tablet but can on my computer. what am i doing wrong. thank you.

• Tamara says:

I just bought two Nook Colors and was told at B&N that I would watch HULU Plus on them. I am disappointed to know after purchasing that Hulu Plus is not available for the Color, but only for the Tablet. This is very upsetting. Please release Hulu Plus for those of us who have the Color. Thanks!

• DeAnn says:

PLEASE make with the Hulu Plus app for Nook Color already. I am tired of waiting for it. I am tired of checking for it. Thanks.

• Samantha says:

So, it was announced in Dec that Hulu plus would be coming to Nook Color…. It’s now Feb, is this gonna happen or was it just a lie to get consumers to buy your service?

• Christine says:

Hello to Hulu Plus :)
    I Love your app very much on the iPad 2. But I also have a Nook Color, which has Netflix but Barnes & Noble promised to put Hulu Plus and never did. I have dealt with them for one year, already I don’t like them. Different from your own customer service that I like very much.
    If you have any answer, about Hulu Plus for Nook Color, I would appreciate it so much.
    Christine
    Jan. 30, 2012

• Digital Jedi says:

@Sonia Velez – Because their blocking mobile devices specifically so you’ll use Hulu Plus. In other words, you can’t use Hulu on a mobile device without a Hulu Plus account.

• mason says:

Thanks

• debi says:

My sibling owns a Nook Tablet and apparently the videos on Hulu will not load because it is not available. Also, I own a Nook Color and I can hardly get through a Youtube video without it messing up half-way through. I would really appreciate if the Hulu app for nook color came out a bit sooner. Other than that, no complaints! A mostly happy customer.

• fred says:

Is there any way to delete the hulu free galary. I bought the nook for my 8 year old son and the content is not appropriate for kids (desperate housewives etc). I noticed another post above about this and you did not respond. I called Barns and Noble and they don’t seem to know how to do it.

• I have a Nook Color and I did do have the update, which is called firmware version 1.4.1. I was very surprised and happy to learn the difference in quality that comes with an app version vs. the website directly, as I have watched videos directly on websites where they state that they are not formatted for mobile viewing. This is why I was so is interested in an app version of Hulu Plus. I did get the Netflix App, and the Smithsonian channel as well. I also joined Hulu Plus just to see what it was about (on my PC hooked up to the TV, plus an iPad 2)  So I was wondering if Barnes & Noble has pulled out or something happened to change things as there is no Hulu Plus App for anything except Nook Tablet.
    Thank you so much in advance for your time,
    Christine

• Sonia Velez says:

Whats the point of having Hulu Plus on my Nook Tablet….can’t see anything. Everytime I try to watch something I get a message that its not available for my device. Is this app just for looks and to get people to buy the Nook? What a rip off!

• Merri says:

I am the very pleased owner of a Nook Color tablet, and I was excited to read that the Hulu Plus app should have been pre-loaded onto my Nook Color purchased 11/17/11. Unfortunately I can’t find it anywhere on my Nook nor in the App store. Can someone please point me in the right direction to find this app? I am already a Hulu Plus subscriber, and I’d LOVE to be able to watch it on my Nook Color tablet when I’m in the bed at night. Thanks!

• silvina says:

Why no caption capabilities in hulu for nook tablet?

• tanya says:

I bought 4 nook tablets for my kids. Although I do want the Hulu feature, I do not want the preloaded material that came on the nook. It isn’t age appropriate for my kids. Is there a way to delete that pre loaded stuff? B and N can’t seem to help me.

• John says:

When will the Hulu app be available on the Nook Color? Any update? Given that it is available on the Nook Tablet, I’m assuming the specs must be largely similar? (Or is B&N holding off on this to push Tablet purchases?)

As has already been asked, any update on being included in the Android market would also be appreciated. Thanks

• Hi Jeff, thanks for posting! As it turns out, we don’t have an exact time frame as to when the Transformer Prime will be supported. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. But I can suggest keeping an eye on our supported devices page ( hulu.com/plus/devices ) for any and all updates on support for new devices. I hope this information helps!

Michael K.

• Jeff says:

Please let me know if Hulu will be available on the upcoming Asus Transformer Prime.
    Thank you!

• Hi Jim. Unfortunately we don’t currently have streaming rights cleared with our content providers to allow streaming directly from Hulu.com on the Nook tablet.

The Nook tablet needs a Hulu Plus subscription and needs to be accessed through the Hulu Plus app to work.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience here.

Georgette

• Jim says:

Just purchased a Nook Tablet, and went to the Hulu site to see how things would work. I recieved errors on most of the shows and trailers I attempted to view on the Nook Tablet, will the same thing occur on Hulu plus? Is there some special method I should follow to run videos from Hulu on the Nook?

• Hi Shaun,

Thanks for posting. I’m very sorry that we don’t currently support Samsung Android models. As you might know, because Android phones and tablets each have a different set of specifications that we need to take into account, we’re only able to support a select number of them at this point in time. While I don’t know the reasons as to why we currently don’t support Samsung Androids, I promise that our developers are working hard to bring Hulu Plus to as many Android devices as soon as possible. If there’s anything else I can address for you, please let me know.

Matthew

• Shaun says:

Again, this is great news, seriously great…
    but Samsung Android mobile devices are systematically neglected by the developers over at Hulu Plus. Please respond to why Hulu is paving the way into uncharted financially risky territory (since projections about sales of Kindle Fire and Barnes and Noble Nook are mostly speculation at this point) while real hard number fly in saying loud and clear that Samsung is the best selling Android phone maker and Hulu Plus is missing out on that market by not releasing it. Now what is going on?!?

• Richard Bothne says:

When will Hulu be available on Boxee Box? I”m sure it’s not a technical problem since Netflix has similar DRM issues and you seem to be putting it on everything else!

-Richard

• Kristian says:

That’s cool. When will we see an app for the Motorola Xoom?

• Mike says:

Still no AppleTV app :(. I am starting to believe the rumors that Apple is blocking it due to perceived competition it would have with iTunes TV show sales.

• Jack says:

Wen do I get Huluplus for the Asus Transformer?