Hulu Plus Available on Amazon’s Kindle Fire

November 14th, 2011 by Lonn Lee Sr. Product Manager, Hulu Mobile Applications

Here at Hulu, we want to make sure entertainment fans have access to hit TV shows and movies right at their fingertips at all times. We don’t think you should have to fall behind on current season episodes of Modern Family while traveling, or wait until you get home to re-watch last night’s hilarious SNL skit after chatting about it with a friend over coffee.

That’s why I’m excited to announce that today Hulu Plus is available on Amazon’s Kindle Fire. Subscribe to Hulu Plus for $7.99/month and download the free Hulu Plus app from the Amazon Appstore for Android on Kindle Fire, then via Wi-Fi, instantly stream current season episodes of top shows like Family Guy, The OfficeHart of Dixie and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. With a tap of a finger, immediately launch entire back seasons of classic series like Lost and Grey’s Anatomy, or explore hundreds of acclaimed movies from Miramax and The Criterion Collection.

Our never-ending mission is to bring you the world’s premium content when, where and how you want. Stay tuned as we launch on more devices.

Last comment: Apr 23rd 2014 41 Comments
  • Hey Julian,

I’m sorry to hear about the login issues here. The first thing I’d like you to try is resetting your password. Just visit ( http://www.hulu.com/forgot ) and use the “Forgot Password” function. Please let me know if this helps!

Joe B.

• Julian Esquer says:

Hello,

So I have been watching shows and movies on Hulu Plus all day and then all of a sudden I try to log on with my tablet(which I have been all day) and then a message pops out saying service unavailable 151. Not only is it saying this on my tablet but I can’t log into hulu at all. Not with my phone, desktop, or laptop and its super frustrating.

I would appreciate it if you could help me out.

• Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting, and I’m so sorry for all the trouble with your Kindle. Please reach out to us at ( hulu.com/support ) so we help you on a one-on-one basis.

Thank you!
    Tucker

• Jenny says:

I’m having issues with the Hulu Plus app on my Kindle. When I open the app, it stays on the home screen that has the logo for a few minutes, then the page goes black and says the application is not responding and gives me the option of force quitting. When I try to force quit the application, nothing happens – it just goes back to the home screen. I have tried restarting my device, uninstalling and reinstalling the application and I am still having this issue. Please help, thanks!

• Hi Alicia!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m sorry for the trouble with your Kindle. It sounds like you may be experiencing some caching issues on your Hulu Plus app. I’d like to clear out that cache to see if that helps any. From the System Bar, tap the Gear icon and go to More > Applications > Filter by Third Party Apps > Hulu Plus and tap Clear cache.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
    Kyle S.

• Alicia says:

Why does it keep trying to buffer every time I try to watch a show on my kindle fire, but the ads still play? How do I fix this?

• Alicia says:

Hulu plus was working perfectly fine on my kindle fire until about 2 weeks ago. Now the ads play just fine, but it constantly buffers and will not play any shows. Odd how the ads still play just fine. What am I paying for if I can’t even get to watch anything? How can this be fixed?

• Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your comment and I apologize for the trouble with our app! I’d love to help, but we may be better equipped to do so at ( http://www.hulu.com/support ). That way we can take a look at your account and get you the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Thanks for your patience, and I’m sure we’ll get to the bottom of this!

Best,

• elizabeth abington says:

I downloaded HULU PLUS on my kindle fire hd but everytime I try to login I get an error message that says service unavailable [152] what do I do??????

• Steven says:

just got my kindle fire hd and tried to stream Hulu via hdmi on my tv why isn’t this working?

• Melissa says:

I’m wondering why the website wont let me watch videos on my kindle i don’t wanna pay for it just to watch it on the website HULU!can u fix the issue????

• Hi Nicky,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry for the trouble on our site. Hopefully, I think this can be easily solved.

When you have a minute, please log out of your account, clear your browser cache ( http://www.hulu.com/support/article/189358 ), and log back in.

If that doesn’t work, please contact us at ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ), so we can further help.

• Nicky says:

It says to enable cookies to be able to log in. When I do that, nothing happens, it just keeps saying enable cookies. How do I get around this.

• Hi Madison,

Sorry for the trouble! If you’re running into sign up issues for Hulu Plus, please don’t hesitate to write us at http://www.hulu.com/support.

Shirley

• Madison says:

I downloaded the app but i cant make an account wat to do

• Mostafa says:

i have a galaxy tab 10.1 as well as a galaxy s2 and i have been waiting for hulu plus to become available on either device for the longest time and i’m getting frustrated and ready to cancel my membership. i can’t believe it takes so long to tweak the app so it can be used on my devices.

• William says:

I don’t see netflix have that much trouble or need that much time.

• Justin says:

Hulu Plus was working just fine this past Saturday on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but as of today, 2/9/11, it all of a sudden is saying “Unfortunately, this video is not available on your platform. We apologize for any inconvenience” for every show..Pardon my french but..what the F$#k is going on?

• Jenny says:

I’m really disappointed that my Kindle Fire is stating that Hulu is not available on Androids (I guess it means the Fire). I’ll be cancelling my Hulu account.

• Rabbitt says:

I’m about to cancel my subscription. I can’t watch hulu+ on my kindle fire because of constant buffering, defeats the purpose of paying for a subscription I can’t even use. Please fix this issue, thanks!

• jackie says:

Why cnt I watch my shows for free..on my fire? I go onto the web site and its black it wont even play the preview. Helppp

• justin says:

So hulu plus has kindle fire support, but not regular hulu. Cant even watch movies on the website for free on the very device I’m typing from….

• sheldon says:

Another GT10.1 here. I too wish you would release a version for my tab but please don’t release a sub-standard app just to placate the mob. i would rather wait another month for a quality app than get something now only to be frustrated with your UI and functionality. if you’d like an objective beta tester, let me know.

• Summer Binde says:

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but when I try and watch episodes on my kindle fire it has constant buffering. The app I am using is the one made for the fire also. This makes it very annoying to watch anything. I have the one week trial on this cause i wanted to try it out before subscribing. Sadly I will probably cancel since it doesn’t work. I have no problem streaming with Amazon so not sure what the deal is here.

• Reagan says:

I too have a Galaxy Tab (8.9″) which was the replacement for my Kindle Fire (which didn’t live up to my standards). I had NO IDEA that Hulu Plus wasn’t supported on this popular tablet device. In fact, I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab with the assumption (incorrect, apparently) that since it was so popular, it would have support for H+. I, too will be canceling my sub until this is resolved.

• Lisa says:

I’m in the same boat as Cameron above. There’s no way to establish a Hulu account on the Kindle fire. Why no response?

• James Nord says:

Wow Robert,

No support for the galaxy tab huh? Can’t believe the kindle fire has access. Oh well, canceling my hulu plus. I’ll be watching my netflix in the meantime. Let me know when its available and I’ll resubscribe.

• Cameron says:

Hey, is there any way to create a new Hulu Plus account on the Kindle Fire? I see a log in button but not sign up or something like that. Thanks

• Hey Robert, thanks for posting. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by the lack of support for those two tablets. Because Android phones and tablets each have a different set of specifications that we need to take into account, we’re only able to support a select number of them at this point in time. While I don’t have a time frame to share right now, we’ll be adding new Android devices regularly. Again, I’m sorry for the frustration. We’re working hard to bring Hulu Plus to a wide variety of Android devices as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient with us in the meantime. If there’s anything else I can address for you, please let me know.

Mike

• Robert says:

How can you so quickly create an app for Fire, but omit support for the two hottest Android tablets in existence, that have been around for a lot longer, the Galaxy Tab and the Toshiba Thrive? Do the manufacturers you support give Hulu a kick-back to support their devices? That’s the only plausible explanation for Hulu’s seemingly skewed view of the real world.

Add me to the list of those cancelling H+ until common sense returns.

• Alyssa says:

Why can’t a free hulu app be created for the fire? I don’t want to invest in paying for hulu plus since there’s not much difference between it and the normal version.

• Hi Jeff,

I’m sorry to hear you’ll be canceling at this time. Hopefully you’ll be back with us once we can officially support your product. Thanks for writing as well as being a member of our Hulu community. Happy Holidays sir!

• Jeff says:

Still no support for my Galaxy Tab but you can quickly create an app for the Fire? I will be canceling my account this month.

• Grant says:

I feel the same way. I have the pinnacle of Android phones released in the US at the current moment in time, and yet I cannot watch Hulu Plus on it. I pay for your service, and supporting something that just came out when the Galaxy S2 has been out for a few months…something smells of money and business deals, and not giving a flip about the people who actually pay you to for privilege of having only the theoretical possibility of watching Hulu wherever they are instead of the actual possibility.

Seriously, folks. “Soon” is a placeholder term, and your customers are smarter than that.

• Steve says:

Regarding why Hulu plus not available on samsung mobile device. I would say that Samsung not yet willing to pay Hulu for some fee that enable Hulu to develop a version on their device as it has always been about licensing issue for viewing on mobile platform. I guess motorola/htc/google ( nexus s is google phone, not owned by samsung) paid this fee to enrich their mobile device, where samsung have not yet willing to do so. As much as Hulu want their software to be available widely, they have to abide to those content licensing rule, which ultimately a required fee from mobile device manufacture having to pay. All these are just my speculation , but it seem quite logical to me.

• Javier says:

If you have to update some movies and series, thanks.

• Curt says:

As a PAYING Hulu Plus customer, I have to agree that your priorities are a little skewed… Hulu is suddenly available on the Kindle fire, but not on the Galaxy Tab 10.1? Seriously?

at least answer this… What is the expected ETA to release hulu plus on already existing popular android tablets (Xoom, Galaxy TAb 10.1 etc)?… (Oh, and “soon” is not an answer!)

• Mikaela says:

Im trying to figure out why I have never heard about any of these movies on Hulu. They are all old school or foreign. Hulu needs more updated movies that is more recent like transformers, white chicks, etc. Or funny animated, action, or dramas that are recent. But i love the television shows.
    -Thank you!!:)

• Shaun says:

I’m wondering the same thing -why is Hulu Plus not available for ANY Samsung android devices (not counting the Nexus S)? Can somebody please help us understand why Samsung android devices have been systematically neglected by Hulu Plus while Samsung android devices are the largest selling manufacturer of android devices.
    Apart from that – it is good news that Hulu Plus will be on the Kindle Fire.

• John says:

How about making your Hulu Plus app available for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch? Which has been available for awhile now. Should people with this phone cancel your service?