with the help of
“You did a [bleep] awesome job, man. You rocked out.”
“I feel castrated and relieved.”
Masterchef. Season 8, Episode 8.
Lurch: “You Rang?”
Morticia: “Lurch, clear those rocks out of the living room. We’re going to dance ’til dawn.”
The Addams Family. Morticia, The Sculptress
It’s Rock Out with Your Blog Out Week on the Hulu Blog, where we belt out some love songs to music on TV in ballad form. All of it will sound very pretty, a lot like “Sweet Child O’ Mine,” very moving. We’ll have some interviews and special guests that have both very visibly and very invisibly shaped the music you love on Television. Then, on Thursday, the Hulu Blog staff will be spinning some tunes on Turntable.FM in a very public room.
Stick around. We promise not to bring up “Sweet Child O’ Mine” ever again.
- • We break down the Top 10 Theme Songs We Still Listen to Because We Actually Like Them.
- • Courtney Nasshorn thumbs through the best tweets by uber-famous musicians this week.
- • Andrea Marker busts out the best South Park musical moments of all time.
- • We endorse a Feist album that is murdering us with its goodness.
- • Oh, here we are endorsing things again. This time it’s the new Wild Flag album, which belongs in an episode of Portlandia. (In fact, it kind of showed up on there once.)
- • Martin Moakler croons an ode to the best Cops episode he’s ever seen, which happened to air last week.