Now Available: Update v2.0 for Hulu Plus on Roku

August 16th, 2011 by Jonathan Au Product Manager

We recently released the latest version of Hulu Plus for Roku. This update includes the following changes:

• • Improved the sharpness of the UI through native 1280×720 support, as opposed to scaling up from 960×540.
  • • Fixed UI defect where the Web Only dialog remained on-screen even after navigating away to another part of the UI. This should also address a related issue posted on the Roku forums.
  • • Improved the appearance of the Hulu Plus channel logo.
  • • Updated the Learn More page.

If you haven’t already, you should receive the updated channel (v2.0) the next time you launch the Hulu Plus app on Roku. You can also force the update by opening and exiting the Roku Channel Store. Enjoy!

Last comment: Nov 12th 2011 8 Comments
  • Kyle says:

Every app on my Roku works flawlessly, except this one. It stutters, it stops, it freezes, it even stops responding to the remote, whether it be physical or the one on my phone. It’s a joke the way it doesn’t perform anywhere near up to its main competition, Netflix. Content will only get you so far. Content I can’t watch or control isn’t any better than the content I don’t have.

• Tony says:

Ok , I read a lot of post and we all seem to be in the same boat so I ask this in coment on how your team is working on it and still the same issues are still going on after 2 patches / upgrades.the shuttering and pausing don’t seem to happening during adds. A post went up do to a billing issues and response was I will get you intouch withe are billing dept they can fix any of your billing issues.
    That’s sad I say get the same peopl who fixed the billing to fix the rest of your issue so paying people can get what the paid for . More people will talk about the bad then the good and that can hurt a company ( Netflix and bank of American ).

• Hi William! Sorry to hear about the trouble you ran into with your Roku. Can you contact us directly at http://bit.ly/HuluHelp so we can help? Thanks!

• william tomlinson says:

hulu plus upgraded on my $99 dollar roku when i logged on about 10 days ago. now al jazeera english locks up 50% of the time when retriving. i have to unplug roku to reset. has anyone else had this problem? is Newscaster the problem???

• Will says:

I just signed up for Hulu Plus due to the recent Netflix price hike and now company split.
    Unfortunately nothing will play on the roku app. Anything I try to play never does. Netflix and Amazon play without any problems on my Roku.

• Doug says:

Still freezing. I watched two episodes and it froze 5-6 times.

• Hi HuluFan,

Thanks for your post. I take it you mean “Instant Replay.” Our apps are designed to work with a limited number of buttons to keep things simple, but I’ll pass on your desire to use this button in your viewing to the developers.

James

• HuluFan says:

Nice update, but I was surprised to see that the “Instant Reply” bug is still not fixed…

If you press the “Instant Reply” button on the remote, the pause/play button won’t work for a few presses.

It is very annoying that “Instant Reply” breaks pause/play.