Hulu Plus Begins Rollout on Select LG Devices

July 5th, 2011 by Jonathan Au Product Manager

Today, we are happy to announce that the Hulu Plus subscription service is available on select LG LCD TVs. The team here is particularly excited about this launch because we have added support for the innovative LG Magic Motion remote. Now you can control the Hulu Plus application with a simple point-and-click. We are going to be launching Hulu Plus on other LG devices in the coming weeks, so be sure to check out our devices page to stay up to date.

Enjoy!

• Mouser says:

The device page offers no specifics on tv models, so really no info at all. Will LGs le478500 be supported? Thx

• Thanks for letting us know. Our team would be eager to investigate this behavior. Can you let us know the most recent show you had trouble with at ( http://www.hulu.com/support )? We’ll look forward to hearing from you there. Thanks, Gabe, Hulu Support

• Al Collins says:

When I try to watch Hulu Plus on my LG 55LV5500 tv it stutters like crazy if I put it on HD. On SD it still does it from time to time. I have tested my TV stream and I get a solid 16 MG down. Much more than the 3 required. have until 4/5/13 to get better or say goodbye. Netflick, Vudu and WOW HD on demand work flawless. Oh Ya, the commercials never stutter. I’m not paying for an HD commercial streaming service am I?

• Hi Phyllis, I’m sorry that our Hulu Plus app is not currently supported on your LG BD 370. We’re working hard to get as many devices as possible supported by our service. In order to do that, we need to obtain a specific set of streaming rights for each device, and we need agreements in place with both our content owners and the hardware manufacturers. In the meantime, be sure to always update the device’s software when available, and you can always check our list of supported devices at ( http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices ).

Best, Alexa, Hulu Support

• Phyllis says:

Please allow a firmware update to enable huluplus on
    The LG BD370!!! Please!!! C’mon Hulu please!?

• Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for posting and I’m sorry for the trouble. For situations like this, please contact us directly via email through our support form ( http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form ) and we’ll be happy to assist.

Regards,
    Russ K.

• Alyssa says:

I have an LG tv and recently I have been unable to use the hulu app. Whenever I log on my hulu plus account it tells me I need to be a hulu plus suscriber. Is there anyway to fix this?

• Hi Gil,

Thanks for posting. At this time, our service is not available on the BD570. While I can’t say for certain that your specific model will be added in the future, we’re always looking to expand our lineup of supported devices. I hope this helps.

Best,
    Kyle

• Gil says:

Is Hulu Plus available to be added to LG BD570. If so, how is that done? If not, will it be available in the future?

• hey there and thanks on your information ? I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however experience some technical issues the use of this site, since I skilled to reload the site lots of occasions prior to I may just get it to load correctly. I were considering if your hosting is OK? No longer that I’m complaining, however sluggish loading cases instances will sometimes have an effect on your placement in google and can injury your quality rating if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could glance out for a lot extra of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..

• Francine says:

I think that what you posted was actually very
    reasonable. However, what about this? what if you wrote a catchier title?
    I ain’t saying your information is not solid., but what if you added a headline that makes people want more? I mean Hulu Plus Begins Rollout on Select LG Devices Hulu Blog is kinda plain. You could peek at Yahoo’s
    home page and watch how they create article headlines to
    get people interested. You might add a related video or a picture or two to get people excited about everything’ve written. Just my opinion, it could bring your website a little livelier.

• Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant opinion, article is pleasant, thats
    why i have read it entirely

• Hi Lisa,

I’m sorry that our LG app was giving you playback trouble. Before you take it back, I’d like to try some troubleshooting steps with you to see if we can get Hulu Plus playing more smoothly. Please try unplugging both the LG BluRay and internet from power for 1 full minute then seeing if playback improves. If not, I’d suggest lowering video quality during playback, and making sure your player has the latest software update by going to Setup > Support > Software Update. If these steps don’t help, please feel free to write into us at hulu.com/support.

Best, Alexa, Hulu Support

• Lisa says:

I so wish I had visited this site before buying an LG Bluray player. I have the same problem as many of the other comments on this site. Everything plays fine except Hulu Plus. It gets stuck after every commercial and on the initial load. Now it is sticking all the time, if I push the stop and then play button it works for a minute and then gets stuck again. I have a Wii and it works fine through that, but it is connected to a different TV. I am going to try to take the LG player back since I have only had it a couple of weeks, and wil never buy LG again.

• Mr. Miller says:

Well I had a software update on my LG blu-ray player yesterday, installed it and now Hulu is working again. Thanks for all your hard work Hulu and LG. I am glad to be back up and running.

• Hi Matthew,

Thanks for contacting us. We are currently working with LG to get this resolved. Please reach out to LG’s support team for additional assistance and information ( http://www.lg.com/us/support ).

My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Russ

• Matthew says:

I bought LG BP620 just because it had wi-fi and hulu+ but CANNOT get hulu. It just says ‘coming soon’?!?! What the heck??

• Dustin Schwobe says:

I was having problems with my LG BD670 as well. The video would hang up on the loading screen every time. Setting my DNS to 8.8.8.8 seems to have solved the problem.

• vik says:

hulu plus sucks on LG tv 55LW5600 everything else netflix,vudu, amazon video….etc works very well. Hulu also start very well but as soon as ads starts it stucks….I believe the big problem is ads, it somehow stops after ads and keeps on buffering……. am not sure who needs to improve LG or Hulu but all the other premium channels works good on LG so problem is with Hulu not LG

• Mr. Miller says:

Please keep us updated on this.

• Hey everyone,

I’m very sorry for the loading issues that are occurring on LG devices. Our team is aware of this problem, and our developers are currently investigating the issue. Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution at this time, but it has become one of our top priorities. Although I don’t have a timeline to share right now, we expect a to roll out a resolution shortly. I apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to email us about your specific issue, please contact us at http://www.hulu.com/support .

• Scott says:

It is not a DNS issue and I think Hulu knows it. That is just a good way of letting you hope they will work on your issue.
    I have an LG BP320 and HULU is the only thing that does not work.

• Scott says:

I have been in contact with support, and they are claiming that their developers are working on it. Unfortunately this issue has been going on a long time, and until they fix the bug, I think we are all screwed!

• Mr. Miller says:

I seem to be having the same issue with Hulu Plus on my LG Blu Ray player. I can load the Hulu app, sign in and when I select a show it loads and plays the 1-2 minutes of commercials just fine, but hangs when trying to load the actual show. It just hangs on the loading screen with the dots…. I have tried several trouble shooting steps so far. I have powered the unit off and back on, reset my connections a few times, and tried hard setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8….I am not sure what else to try. It seems to have started after the last one or two software updates from LG, so it could just be something on their end…but when checking with my brother in-law he said he is having the same issues with his Hulu Plus app on his Blu Ray player….please help. Thanks.

• Hi Kelli,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with our LG app. Mind trying some troubleshooting steps? Resetting the DNS server on your LG TV may help resolve the issue; I’ll include the steps to do so:

Wired setup
    1. Press the Home button on the remote control
    2. Navigate to “Setup” and press Enter
    3. Navigate to “Network” and press Enter
    4. Navigate to “Network Status” and press Enter
    5. After the test is completed navigate to “Settings” and press Enter
    6. Navigate to “DNS Mode” and press the right arrow until you see “DNS Manual”
    7. Press the down arrow and input “8.8.8.8″ and press Enter
    8. Navigate to “Close” and press Enter

Wireless setup (NOTE: have your wireless network password handy)
    1. Press the Home button on the remote control
    2. Navigate to “Setup” and press Enter
    3. Navigate to “Network” and press Enter
    4. Navigate to “Network Status” and press Enter
    5. After the test is completed navigate to “Settings” and press Enter
    6. Navigate to “Setting from AP list” and press Enter
    7. Select the desired wireless network
    8. Enter your wireless network password
    9. Navigate to “DNS Mode” and press the right arrow until you see “DNS Manual”
    10. Press the down arrow and input “8.8.8.8″ and press Enter
    11. Navigate to “Close” and press Enter

• Kelli says:

Wish I had come to this blogsite before subscribing to HuluPlus. I just purchased the LG BD 670 to stream some hulu content onto the television monitor. The “interface” is non-existent–can’t figure out how to get to my HuluPlus queue. Just getting the teaser scroll of content–is this really how it’s supposed to work? I can’t believe so much hype surrounds this streaming-on-any-device notion. Is there any way to access my HuluPlus queued content? thanks for any help.

• Hi Brent,

Would you mind dropping us a line at http://www.hulu.com/support? We’d love to try to get this problem fixed for you.

Michael B.

• Brent says:

As chris stated below I have the same exact problem with Hulu on the bd670. Its absolutely garbage. It will frequently freeze up right after it says ” the following program is broaght to you with……” then nothing loads. Does it about 70 percent of the time requiring me to unplug it from power and turn it back on. I have no problems with netflix or vudu, so I know its a Hulu problem. Alsoa recommendation would be to redesign the interface to work like the Hulu desktop app which is much more user friendly. Im pretty close to canceling my Hulu membership and just sticking with netflix. They appear to have software engineers that know more about what they are doing then Hulu does.

• Mark Buff says:

I previously posted this comment on March 7, but have not received a response.

March 7, 2012 at 12:37 pm
    I have an LG LE4200 LED TV. It is internet ready ( I get Netflix, Pandora, and other services) but there is not a link to Hulu Plus. Can you tell me how to get Hulu Plus on this model LG TV?

• Hi Chad,

We’re very sorry for your trouble with streaming to your Roku! Please let us thoroughly troubleshoot this for you.

We look forward to resolving this for you!

Daniel

• Chad says:

Hulu plus does not work on lg55lw5600. It use to work with occasional problems now it does not work at all. All others work, netflix, amazon. Help

• D. C. Tigwell says:

Hulu+ does not work with my (new) 55″ 3D LG TV. (It hangs constantly.) I have been working with Hulu for months to resolve the issue without result. Everything else works perfectly – Netflix streams without any problems. It is quite clearly the Hulu app. After being informed Hulu had fixed the problem yesterday, I downloaded the very latest firmware and tried again. No dice. As before, the app hangs after a commercial or two. Forever. How hard can this be? Get with the program, Hulu!

• Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry our LG application is giving you so much trouble. I’d be happy to help figure out what’s going on.

At the end of this reply, I’m going to include some troubleshooting steps that I think might help. They’re pretty basic, and it’s likely you’ve tried a few of them already, but I want to make sure we’re thorough here.

After you try these steps, let me know if you see any difference. When you do get back to us, if you’re still having trouble, please first head to ( http://speedtest.net ) and click the big green Begin Test button. What are the download and upload speeds in Mbps?

Any additional details you can share about the problem would be appreciated. I’m sure we’ll get this worked out.

Troubleshooting steps:
    • Perform a power-cycle of your LG, modem, and router. Unplug all three from power and wait at least 1 minute before plugging them back in.
    • If you’re connecting over Wi-Fi, plug your LG directly into your modem or router via Ethernet.
    • Try lowering the video quality. During playback, press down on your remote and navigate over to the Video Quality section.
    • Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware. Press Home on your remote and head to Setup > Support > Software Update.

• Dr. Susan Crawford says:

Just purchased an 55″ LG 3-D TV, new 3-D player and new receiver for my husband. NetFix works, Amazon works but HULU Plus is always stuck. A total frustration! Do we have something not set correctly with the wand or is this HULU? If it’s a HULU issue…time to cancel until you all get your technology up to speed. Dr. S

• Mark says:

I have an LG LE4200 LED TV. It is internet ready ( I get Netflix, Pandora, and other services) but there is not a link to Hulu Plus. Can you tell me if there will be in the future?

• Hi Derek,

I’m sorry our Wii application is giving you so much trouble, and I’d be happy to help figure out what’s going on. I’m going to include some troubleshooting steps that I think might help. Some are pretty basic, and it’s likely you’ve tried a few of them already, but I want to make sure we’re thorough here.

Before all of that, the very first thing I’d like you to try is lowering the video quality on your Wii. Just press “Video Quality” during playback and select “Lower”. Do you see any difference?

If not, try the steps below and let me know if you see any difference. When you do get back to us, if you’re still having trouble, I’d like you to run a speed test on your Wii. To do so you will need the Wii Internet Channel installed (which can be found in the Wii Shop Channel). Once that is installed, please head to speedtest.net in the Wii Internet Channel and click on “Begin Test”. What are the Ping and Download Speed results?

Any additional details you can share about the problem would be appreciated. I’m sure we’ll get this worked out, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Troubleshooting steps:
    • Perform a power-cycle of your Wii, modem, and router. Unplug all three from power and wait at least 1 minute before plugging them back in.
    • If you’re connecting over Wi-Fi, please consider connecting using an Ethernet cable – to do so, a Wii LAN Adapter is required which can be purchased here: (http://bit.ly/wJDzU ).
    • Remove the Hulu Plus channel and add it again. You can do this by going to Wii Settings > Data Management > Channels > Select Hulu Plus and “Erase”.
    • Make sure you have the most recent version of the Wii’s software. To check, head to Wii Options > Wii Settings > Wii System Update.

If the above steps don’t help, would you mind answering the following questions?
    • Which video(s) were you trying to watch? (series title, season and episode number)
    • When do the playback issues start? (at the beginning of the show, the middle, the end, etc.)
    • Do you see the same problem with the ads?

• Derek says:

What is wrong with Hulu for Wii? It constantly freezes- both the video and sometimes the app in general. Never had this problem with Netflix.

• Hi Debbie,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with our Wii app. I’ve emailed you some troubleshooting steps which should help out; please let us know if the issues persist.

• Debbie says:

Finally, hulu plus has networked with wii in order for them to stream off the wii console. However, the shows do not stream consistently. It freezes every couple of minutes and makes for a very frustrating experience. Why is this happening? I don’t have any problems streaming netflix on my wii console?

• Samsung UE46D6500VSXZG…

[...]Hulu Plus Begins Rollout on Select LG Devices « Hulu Blog[...]…

• Gabriel says:

Hulu is fine wirelssy on my ROKU, on the other side of the house, far away from the router. I tried the suggestion about changing my wireless channel, but get the same thing. And it happens wired as well. The problem is definitely the Hulu app on the LG BD670. Seriously – is anyone who can do something about it going to address the problem?

• Aaron Johns says:

I am reading all these problems with Hulu, It isnt HULU. It turns out that your internet connection/network/wireless network and the signal from such is a bigger reason you are getting jitter or freezing. Try changing the channel your network broadcasts on and you will probably find that you are not as discussed with Hulu as you are now. Look at all the network channels being broadcast in your networks area and change it to one that isnt being used. Usually by default everyones network is broadcasting on Channel 11 of your network.

• Oscar says:

It does NOT work with LG Tvs, I have a 42lv5400, it freezes almost every time after commercials in the loading screen… Other than that it plays flawlessly but the loading screen is always the problem. Please fix this.

• Dan says:

Please add (a working version of) hulu plus to the BD640!!

• Katie says:

I have the same problems listed above. I purchased a LG BD670 blu-ray because it has HULU Plus however won’t stream consistently. I will be canceling the subscription before the free trial is over.

• Katie says:

Same problems here. I was excited to try Hulu plus on my LG BD670 blu-ray and found it won’t load. I’ll be canceling the subscription before the free trial is even over! Very disappointed as this is my first experience with Hulu.

• Gabriel says:

I too got an LG670 around Christmas, and am in the midst of a free trial of Hulu plus. When it works its great, and the picture is even better than Netflix. Sadly it is not consistent. Like others have noted, it often hangs when loading a program or clip, and sometimes won’t load at all. I also see no way to see my queue or favorites within the app, there appears to be no search feature, nor can I browse by genre. To find a program or movie one seemingly has to go click next through countless choices to finally arrive at the wanted one. I hope it all gets worked out, but right now I’m not sure its worth the hassle to continue past the free trial.

• Candie says:

I have a Lg tv LE5400 and BluRay player BD550 and neither one of them have HuluPlus. I understand that Lg is just as much to blame with us not having the service as Hulu is. I suggest that everyone contact Lg, either by phone or email, as I did, to let them know our frustration with this. If Lg hears from enough of us with the specific models, just maybe they will move forward with getting HuluPlus to all of us. Just a thought.

• Tariq Muqeet says:

When do you think Hulu Plus will be available on LG550?

• Sarah says:

Same problems here. We were excited to try Hulu plus on our LG BD670 blu-ray and found it won’t load. We’ll be canceling our subscription before the free trial is even over! Very disappointed as this is my first experience with Hulu.

• claire says:

I would also like to request hulu plus on blu ray LG 550 model, please! I was misinformed that it would be available to this model before now.

• Karen says:

I gave my husband a blue ray player for Christmas and picked LG 670 because it could stream Hulu. It takes too long to load and gets hung up and doesn’t work right. We enjoy the content on Hulu+, but Netflix is much less trouble to watch. PLEASE fix the app for LG Blueray 670 so the streaming is smooth and it doesn’t take forever to load or freeze up.

• Chris says:

I have a new LG BD670 bluray player. The problems I am having are not unlike those that others are experiencing. Shows get stuck at the beginning when loading the commercials and never play or will begin to play but are caught in a loop of playing for 15 seconds and pause to load for around 30. Also, if for some reason the show works (which is a rarity) the load time for the commercials is often longer than the commercials themselves. I have been using Hulu for over a year on my Xbox and experienced little to no issues using this app. This initially led me to believe the obvious fault was with the new hardware, however I have had no problems with Netflix, YouTube and most importantly with streaming full 1080p movies watching Vudu’s HDX content. Additionally Vudu provides a service of scanning your systems network capabilities to ensure your satisfaction and my system consistently maxes out at the greater than 9mbps mark. So with my system passing this test as well as flawlessly streaming video from multiple other vendors I feel I can logically conclude Hulu’s app for the LG BD670 is flawed. I am canceling my subscription until I have been made confident that this problem has been resolved.

• CLV says:

Please add LG BD-570! I would like to subscribe as soon as it’s available.

• Jacque says:

I have the blu ray BD550 and I’m wondering if you will be adding the hulu app to my model?

• Hi Mark,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having while trying to watch on your Blu-ray player. If it’s not too much more trouble, can you drop us a line at (www.hulu.com/support) with more details about the issues you’re seeing?

Tim

• Mark says:

I purchased a BD670 with HuluPlus 1 week ago. Hulu often (80-90% of the time) gets stuck on “loading” a TV show and will not play. Also if you browse TV episodes too much the system will hang. You probably have a memory leak in your app. Netflix works fine.

• Chris Taylor says:

Please get rights for hulu on bd550. Thank you!

• Naoum says:

Just got the BD670 and it has the Hulu Plus app but when I try to view the demo videos they either play with huge interruptions and skipping, or don’t play at all and just show a “loading” bar. Navigation in the app is also very slow/laggy. For comparison both netflix and amazon video are working just fine on the same player.

• Antonio says:

I echo the comment regarding LG Bluray BD640. I’d really like to know if you ever intend on making Hulu Plus available for the LG Blu-Ray player BD640. What is the likelihood that you will make it available on this system? What are the future plans for this system? I am so disappointed that I cannot watch HULU Plus on Netcast. I bought it in July 2011 and Hulu plus indicated that all 2011 LG Blu ray models would have HULU Plus. Are you specifically working on this?

• Hi Joseph,

Thanks for posting. I’m really sorry that we don’t currently support your model Blu-ray player. Ideally, we’d want Hulu Plus on as many devices as possible, so we’ll keep working with LG to add your model. What I can suggest in the meantime is to keep an eye on our supported devices page ( hulu.com/plus/devices ) for any updates to new LG models we might be supporting in the future. Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I hope this information helps!

Michael K.

• Joseph says:

I recently bought a LG BD640 that was made in July 2011. I wish at the time I knew that it hadnt come with hulu plus. I recently signed up for hulu but truly see no point in keeping your service if my device isnt going to be updated. I do watch it on my computer but I would prefer to use the blu ray player I bought. Please notify me if possible if this model will be updated. I will be cancelling my subscription at the end of the month if I still cant get updated. Thank you.

• Jared Novack says:

Hulu Plus constantly crashes on the LG BluRay player I bought. I’m not able to watch shows 90% of the time without having to restart the system. Really disappointed with both LG and Hulu

• Those are on our radar, Steve. We’re definitely working on it.

Brad

• Steve says:

Add to LG Netcast!!

I am irritated that my 1 year old TV that I paid extra money for just so it had the built in features such as Netflix and Vudu seems to be cast aside for their new Smart TV. Certainly Hulu Plus can be added to the NetCast TVs.

• John says:

LG BD 570!!!!! PLEASE!

• Ozzie says:

Hulu,

I have signed up for Hulu Plus and watch it through my computer. However, I would love to be able to watch it through my LG BluRay player. The model is BD640 and was manufactured January 2011. Do you know of any plans to add those devices to be able to stream your content?

Ozzie

• Kevin says:

Dear hulu

PLEASE PLEASE ADD YOUR SUPPORT TO THE POPULAR LG BLURAY PLAYERS!!!

Many potential customers have waited a long time. Don’t lose them!

• robert applegate says:

Hulu is really killing themselves. I can not use my $400 LG to get Hulu?
    Stupid! Most people I know can not get the service.
    How do you expect to get customers if no one can get to your service?

• Jay,

Thanks for your email, and thanks for your interest in Hulu Plus! I’m afraid I haven’t any specifics to offer regarding timeframes or upcoming models. Of course, we want to support as many devices as possible and I hope we can offer you support on these devices soon!

Daniel

• Jay says:

So any idea when we can see it for the BD550 and BD570?

• Hi Clarisa,

I’m sorry that we don’t offer support for your your LG Blu-ray BD570 just yet. We want to make Hulu Plus available on every device imaginable – but in order to do that, we need to obtain a specific set of streaming rights for each device, and we need agreements in place with both our content owners and the hardware manufacturers.

We’re working towards that goal, and while I don’t have any information about if or when your device will be supported, I suggest keeping an eye on our list of supported devices at ( http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices ).

Tim T.

• Clarisa Lora says:

Yesterday I subscribed to Hulu Plus hoping to watch it through my Bluray LG BD570, which works amazingly with Netflix and Youtube.
    You do not support the BD570 yet? I’m sorry, I am canceling my subscription now.

• Steve says:

Please add Hulu to Netcast! Hulu is good on the computer, but would be fabulous on big screen 60LD550!

• Tyler says:

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR THE BD570!!!

• MIchelle Broughton says:

I want to second the sentiment of adding Hulu to the BD550 device. Netflix is nice, but it appears to be imploding right now. I don’t count myself amongst those angry with Netflix because I’d quit my home delivery service long before they announced the price hikes and separation of the two services. My problem with Netflix is you can’t watch current content.

I know there are licensing issues, but if you could make a concerted effort to resolve them; it would be wonderful. I can tell you I am not shelling out money for another blu-ray device, when I haven’t had this one a full year.

• Doug in SF says:

Please add support for LG BD570. I watch Netflix all the time on it and would love to be able to access my Hulu+ account as well. I won’t shell out more $$ on another player just to access your service.

• DRad says:

Hulu – I’ve been hoping for months that Hulu PLUS would be added to the LG BD-570. With Netflix in turmoil, NOW is the time to increase access to increase share. If the BD-570 was supported, I’d drop Netflix and sign up for PLUS today. If you want to increase your customer base, there is no good reason to force them to buy a new device. I can’t justify spending another $200 on a BD player when this one works perfectly fine. Sorry Hulu, but maybe we just weren’t meant to be.

• abu hudhayfah says:

over 600,000 people recently left Netflix, and you guys don’t have the availability for those customers with Blu-ray players by LG to switch over ? what a mind job.

• Jim Clark says:

Hulu….add support for LG BG570. Don’t be jerks like Netflix.

• Nitin says:

Need Hulu Plus on LG-BD570. Folks are not going to buy a new $200 player just to get Hulu Plus. You are missing out on a big set of customers who have bought into the LG 500 series and can be potential customers. Streaming is going to take over blu-ray rentals…

I understand you have licensing issues with LG BD500 series…but you need to re-evaluate that. Because once streaming becomes king, people won’t buy expensive LG Blu-ray players and just get a simple streaming device and Hulu’s investment in LG products will be of little value.

Capitalize on the market of people who already have decent streaming LG players!

• James says:

The fact that folks (including myself) bought a tv hoping to have advertised
    online capability, only to find out that the company is too sorry to support
    these devices is a bunch of crap. I will not buy another LG tv or anything else.

• Hey Brent,

I’m sorry for the trouble our application’s giving you. I recommend getting in touch with us at http://hulu.com/support so we can help troubleshoot and get things running properly again.

Ryan B.

• Brent says:

I have an LG BD 670, purchased about a month ago, before HULU Plus was on it. It updated one day, and HULU plus was available, and I signed up and am now being charged on my CC. HULU Plus worked for a while, although frequently paused for “loading”. Now, it just spins on loading after a selection is made and the video never loads. No problem with Netflix which is also on the BD 670. What’s up? I feel like canceling my subscription, because it doesn’t work, but I really want the service. I don’t have cable. Internet streaming through the BD 670 only, or a notebook if I have to.

• Hey Shane, Sean, and M,

It’s true, we don’t have any plans to support 2010 models at this time, but we’re always evaluating what devices we can get on. The technological and licensing aspects of supporting models are complex and in this case we weren’t able to support those older models at this time, but that doesn’t mean things couldn’t change in the future.

I’m very sorry for the disappointment.

James

• Norm says:

LG recently posted an update for the BD570. I was sure it would be for HULU-Plus. Sadly it was not. I could not see what the update was for. Can we expect HULU on the next update?

• M says:

Please add Hulu to the LG BD570 blu-ray player.

• Francis Hennessey says:

is Hulu plus available for streaming on the LGBD570 blu-ray player? It does not state any devices specifically

• Adam says:

I have two LG Blu-ray players and would subscribe to your service if I could use it on them… any news on updates? A schedule for rolling out to BD players?

• SHANE says:

Pretty much really upset with Hulu, got an email saying they pretty much dont intend to support last years LG Blu-Ray models even though they are netcast equipped, and vudu, divxtv , netflix, all made it work?? whats the deal.

want hulu on lg bd550

• Hi Sean,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately I don’t have a list of the supported Blu-Ray models at this time, but I’ll work on getting that live as soon as we can.

James

• Sean says:

I was wondering if LG BD570 will be able to support hulu plus?

• Hulu Support Advocate says:

Hi Kayvan,

The LG 47LE5400 won’t be supported at launch, but we’d like to support as many devices as possible, so there’s always a possibility it will be added at a later date.

James

• Kayvan Parvin says:

Will support be added for LG 47LE5400 TV’s?

• KMTran says:

Hey, I have an LG BD670 blu ray player where the Hulu Plus icon newly shows but doesn’t work. I realize that this is probably an LG thing, but PLEASE HELP!!!

• Val says:

I just bought aLG-ST600 SmartTV Upgrader in hopes of watching HuluPlus rather than Netflix only to find Flashplayer 10.03 is required and Hulu content can’t be watched. I, like Keith, would like to know ifLG-ST600 SmartTV Upgrader be supported in the near future.

• Garg says:

How about getting your service working properly on PS3 devices before expanding into other devices??

• Keith says:

Will the LG-ST600 SmartTV Upgrader be supported as well?

• Hurler says:

Only thing keeping from ditching cable is that it is not available on the Tab 10.1. I know several people in the same boat that already use Hulu for free and would gladly upgrade to get it on their Honeycomb tablets as well.

Come on Hulu – help us out and get with the program!!

• Praetor says: