Now Available: Update v1.01 for Hulu Plus on PS3

March 24th, 2011 by Daniel Bear Principal Software Development Lead

This morning, we released the latest version of Hulu Plus for the PlayStation®3. The update improves the quality of the playback experience, specifically addressing issues such as skips, jumps, and stalls that may occur on certain network connections.

You’ll be presented with the update (v1.01) the next time you launch the Hulu Plus app on PS3. Improvements in this version include:

– Improvements and fixes for playback issues such as skipping, jumping, and stalling.
– Improved playback reporting to help our team improve the playback experience.
– UI tweaks to compensate for device overscan.
– Added ability for new users to sign up for a Hulu Plus subscription within the application.
– Additional improvements and bug fixes.

Let us know what you think!

Daniel Bear
Senior Development Lead, Hulu

• donny smith says:

whoa, just updated hulu on my ps3 and it is NON-FUNCTIONAL. I don’t know if it no longer supports my Bluetooth sing the ps3 game controller next. Since I’m one of those people who use their ps3 strictly for entertainment that will involve a search for the controller and matching usb cable.

• Hey! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
    authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot
    of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

• Hi RJ,
    Thanks for posting. I’d recommend reaching out to let us know the specific device you’re using at ( http://www.hulu.com/support ). We’d be happy to investigate!
    Best, Gabe, Hulu Support

• Rj says:

I can access hulu but once I go to click on something to watch it freezes up on me. It has been doing this now for a month.. I am really getting tired of it. Please fix this or I will have to cancel my subscription! Why pay for something you can’t even watch!

• charles garrett says:

The commercials are one thing, but why do they freeze and skip, it makes the
    program take longer to watch and is uncomfortable.

• amanda craig says:

hulu on ps3 majorly dissatisfied pauses every 30 sec. im very unhappy ……

• Unsatisfied customer Wes says:

I have had Hulu Plus since the week it first came out. Occasionally it will skip but it’s not a big deal. In the last month, EVERY SINGLE TIME I WATCH IT SKIPS FOUR OR FIVE TIMES PER HALF HOUR SHOW!!!!!
    I can skip ahead 15 seconds in the show and it will fix it for 4 mins and it will do the same thing! This is unacceptable. My Internet connection is solid and It doesn’t matter If I’m running zero devices on my connection or 5. The same thing happens. It makes it unwatchable…but hey the commercials (that are getting longer and longer) work juuuuust fine… I wonder why…. This better be fixed within four weeks or you will lose my business.

• Alan Esh says:

Hulu Plus on Playstation is HORRIBLE, constantly skipping and stalling with every single show. Both Amazon and Netflix are 1000x better. What on earth am I paying for? Nothing, I’m unsubscribing today.

• Peter says:

Giving Hulu+ a try for the first time. Im streaming on PS3. The video quality really varies throughout the shows and I’m encountering a Lot of skipping. I have a 20MB cable connection so I really shouldn’t be having trouble. So far im really not impressed. My Netflix streams at a higher quality and rarely skips.

• Tom Coakley says:

I purchased my ps3 after this update. Sometimes it plays perfectly, but others it will skip backward in time 5-10 seconds or pause then do the skip. It seems to be related to the commercial set for the show. If I restart the system over and over until I get a different commercial set it sometimes goes away. Usually I switch to the laptop instead.

• frank spikes says:

I have updated the software for PS3 , and when I go to hulu plus it asks to upgrade. When its finished it says already downloaded and I can’t get hulu to recognize this. Please help, I don’t want to goto apple tv conver to get itunes for the TV

• Jaime Taylor says:

So I just bought a Blu-Ray Player only so i Could get the Hulu Plus that came on it, so Know everytime i am in the middle of a show it stops and pops up message saying an error has occured please check your connection click ok or retry good god this is pissing me off so glad i still have my netflix

• also waiting says:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with this problem….I’ve let it sit “connecting” for like an hour before, and it just keeps sitting there…

• Also Waiting... says:

When I try to login it won’t retrieve an activation code and when I go to login it just says waiting the entire tiem as well. Sounds like several people on this thread are having this problem. Seriously HULU Plus, get your act together!

• L. Hollywood says:

Well, I just did the free week, Hulu Plus will NOT contact from my ps3. Not seeing myself keeping this! Suggest you all get to it and get a fix out!

• Can't Login says:

Have a subsciption that works on my ipad.. can not get it to login on my PS3.. just says waiting.. have the most recent app on the ps3 .. been saying this for days now and I have yet to login since I started my subscription.. weird how netflix works great..

• How to organize business…

[…]Now Available: Update v1.01 for Hulu Plus on PS3 « Hulu Blog[…]…

• playstation 3 mkv…

[…]Now Available: Update v1.01 for Hulu Plus on PS3 « Hulu Blog[…]…

• how to update drivers…

[…]Now Available: Update v1.01 for Hulu Plus on PS3 « Hulu Blog[…]…

• Dj says:

Hey man its starting to piss me off should have stayed with netflix mine keeps freezing up and saying check internet connection, but Its fine never had this problem with netflix. Is there something I can do before i go back to netflix

• Alec says:

Stopped my Netflix subscription for this, then Hulu releases some patch to make things better? BullllllllllSHIT.. Hulu’s been freezing on my PS3 constantly for the past month or so now. Even their “updates” that are suppose to fix it don’t do crap. Bye hulu, Hello Netflix… AGAIN.

• yucel sifontes says:

Seriously Hulu freaking fix the PS3 app! Even on the lowest bandwidth streaming choice the shows don’t load and stuff keeps freezing!

• Hey there,

There was an update released just today that should have resolved this issue. I’m sorry about the delay, but if you continue running in to any issues with this, give us a shout at ( http://www.hulu.com/support ).

Chris

• Shiggity says:

Christ, fix the ps3 remote keymapping. This is basic functionality, and if your developers can’t release an update without regressing, they should be fired.

• Hey George,

Please visit (http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20707961) which addresses the v1.04 software update for the PS3. Thank you.

• George says:

I am a paying Hulu costumer and have been unable to logon since the last update. the error I keep getting is “An error just occurred with Hulu Plus. Please restart the application to continue.” Please let me know when this will be resolved as I am paying for a service that I am unable to use. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention

• Lee says:

I can tell you I hate the update as it effects the PS3 Bluetooth remote. You can no longer use the PLAY and STOP buttons you have to click X and O. This was previously available prior to the update. I hope the next update will fix this. Otherwise I love HULU!

• My Hulu Plus has not worked since this “update” bricked my PS3 for Hulu Plus. I am paying for Hulu Plus and can’t use it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times with no luck. When are you going to undo this update for all your paying subscribers? Or are you relying on your arbitration clause in the Terms of Service to take their money without providing a service?

• Hi Russ,

I’m very sorry your PlayStation 3 remote isn’t working properly after the latest Hulu Plus application update. Our developers are aware of this issue, and they’re working on a resolution. In the meantime, any button that mimics what you would use on a normal PS3 gaming controller (such as using “X” instead of “ENTER”) will still function on the remote. I don’t have a specific time-frame for a fix at the moment, but I would expect to see this addressed in the next update.

Regards,
    Tim

• riceroni says:

Everything is cool except now my Sony Playstation 3 remote doesn’t work correctly. It’s only with Hulu Plus that it doesn’t. I’ve tried it with my DVD and Blu-ray and it works fine, also with other digital media via the internet. It’s really making the viewing experience difficult. Please fix this soon.

• Tony G says:

The remote button issue is a deal breaker for me. I hope you release a fix soon – I’m on the verge of canceling.

• Russ hill says:

After the update on my ps3. The bluetooth ps3 remote buttons do not work the same. Now I have to use the x Button to pause and play. The enter, stop and pause buttons do nothing now. I want the ps3 remote buttons working like they used to before the update. Please fix

• newhulu+ says:

HI i tried the uninstall from PS3 and then the reinstall and i still have the same issues as before. The work around didn’t work for me. Please fix this soon, i started by free trial today only and can’t even get the app to work on my PS3.

• Maryam says:

Deleted and re-installed my Hulu+ app and now it works! Thanks!!

• Jon says:

I was really hoping that this 1.04 update would fix the streaming/skipping/dropping out/grey screen/freezing randomly issue. Obviously my hopes were too high. Now my remote doesn’t work, and the app errors to the point of complete inaccessibility. Hulu, whoever your ‘developers’ are, they need to be fired because they’re clearly not doing their jobs. Spend the time to make things right the first time – it’s just good business.

• At this time, the playback buttons on the PlayStation 3 remote do not work properly after the latest Hulu Plus application update. Our developers are aware of this issue, and are working on a resolution. In the meantime, any button that mimics what you would use on a normal PS3 gaming controller (such as using “X” instead of “ENTER”) will still function on the remote. There is no specific time-frame for a fix at the moment, but we expect to see this addressed in the next update.

• Hello All,

If you are experiencing an error after updating the Hulu Plus PS3 App to version 1.04 from the 11/29/11 release, please uninstall and reinstall the application to clear the error message. More details and instructions can be found at http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20707961

For further support, please contact my team at http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form

Thanks!
    Casey D

• Ron says:

I have the same problem with the new update. It keeps telling me that there is an error. If that’s the case I wouldn’t of never updated it.

• Mike says:

Any word on if the PS3 problem will get fixed anytime soon?

• Mike Gulley says:

Getting the same error message, any word on how to fix it?????

• Charlie says:

I got one fix for the Hulu PS3 app. I deleted it then re-downloaded it, and now it works. But one problem I’ve noticed is with the PS3 blue tooth remote. All the secondary buttons don’t work anymore. The play button, the pause button, the stop button, the enter button, all don’t work. I can still use the buttons for square, triangle, circle and “X”, but that’s not why I bought the remote, otherwise I could use my PS3 controller.

Also, the streaming needs to be fixed. My regular videos will skip, freeze, and stop, but of course in true corporate fashion, none of the advertisements would skip or freeze. I’m not against commercials and advertising, I get it, but I think it’s in poor taste to have more focus on the ads working properly every time instead of the content I’m paying for.

• David B says:

Receiving the same error, tried uninstalling and re-downloading…. didn’t help. a soultion soon would be nice.

• Mikey Wills says:

I am getting the same error! Can’t even launch Hulu anymore after the update.

• John says:

Same error: “An error has occurred with hulu plus. Please restart the application to continue.” Can’t ever bypass it.

• Justin says:

I am getting the same error message since the system update on 11/29

• John Gomez says:

Hey guys I was getting the same “An error has occurred with hulu plus. Please restart the application to continue” delete the application then re-install, it should prompt you to update it as soon as it finishes with the re-installation and should work fine after that.

• Tim R says:

Hulu+ on my PS3 has always worked pretty well. I occasionally get a ‘dark grey screen’ and have to restart the application, but it isn’t too common, and it usually happens when I press something right after loading a video.
    HOWEVER. I’m pretty ticked that after this update, the buttons used to control the application from the PS3 Blu-Ray remote have changed. You can’t use the Enter button, or the Play/Pause/FF,etc buttons any longer. These all worked before the update, and honestly, they worked beautifully. Why would you update an application and lose functionality/features?

FYI, this is the standard Sony blu-ray remote.

• Jeremy says:

I’m having the same problem mentioned here with Hulu encountering a problem after trying to sign in…literally unable to use hulu on my ps3…

• Jody Leon says:

I’m getting the same error since the update – SUCKS. hope it gets resolved fast.

• Gary says:

Updating a clean reinstall cleared the “An error has occurred with hulu plus. Please restart the application to continue” problem. However, the button mappings for the bluetooth remote appear to have changed. The normal Play Pause Stop no longer work, nor does Enter. The Ring and the X work (X seems to be the new Enter). Just me?

• Gunner says:

Having the same error as Austin Taylor…..Well now that this is following Netflix and the PS3 issues what is the next best streaming option out there since I will be taking my money someplace else? No more Netflix no more Hulu, the way I look at it I am willing to now pay about $27 bucks a month for a service that just works and does what they say it will!!! Anybody want my money or have any idea of where I can spend it????

• Rj says:

After installing and getting updates.. nothing happens.. I can’t even log into my account! I keep getting the error messages everyone is talking about on here. Please fix this!

• Austin Taylor says:

Same error I’m getting ever since the new update. on 29NOV11.

• Patrick says:

“An error has occurred with hulu plus. Please restart the application to continue” Is the error I get on my ps3 immediately after a hulu update was made with the application. Anyone else having the issue??

• Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with our app on your PS3. I hope you’ll give us the opportunity to thoroughly troubleshoot this for you.

I’m truly sorry for any frustration is experienced. We look forward to resolving this for you!

Daniel

• Ricardo Remis says:

Worst application for ps3 in th whole world..skip, skip, skip…when will you do a new update to solve the hundres of problems you have? You continue loosing yor business

• Anthony Smalley says:

I can’t even get the crapware to update on my PS3…..if I don’t update, it won’t work….and it starts to load the update then crashes. Lovely piece of crap you have here.

• Chris,

Thanks for contacting us! I’m sorry you’re having trouble streaming to your PS3, but I’d like to help.

You will find extensive troubleshooting steps here: http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20189372#ps3

If you require further support, please contact our support team!

We look forward to resolving this for you!

Daniel

• Chris S says:

I am having issues streaming only through Hulu. Netflix and VUDU work fine on HDS (12MB).

I am using a PS3 slim with a Charter 35MB connection.

Stuttering started a few weeks ago? Happens a lot more on the Heroes show. Lowering the quality does not help.

• JD says:

Why would I want to reduce security by setting up a DMZ zone in my router to watch HULU on my PS3 when Netflix works perfectly? Makes absolutely no sense to do this when other streaming applications work absolutely fine…… Yes I can set up a DMZ zone with my DD-WRT flashed router, but why should I have to? I will wait before I try HULU on my PS3.

• Eric says:

Go straight from ur router to ur ps3. Or set up a DMZ. And no WiFi Hulu works perfect for me.

Ps3 hates the firewall on a router. Setting up a DMZ takes down this router firewall. It’s not hulu people its ur firewall

• ummm says:

Tried to install Hulu on my playstation 3 this morning….and after the download was complete, it asked my if I wanted to sign in…I tried…then it told me that I had to go to the Playstation network to sign in….then I was in a loop..I couldn’t get out of that screen and had to shut off the PS3 manually.,..Lame…this is the second bad experience I have had wiht Hulu and PS3..HULU just lost another customer…get your act together….it cant be that hard….its not like the PS3 is so varied between users…This is freaking ridiculous..HULU is going down hill and I cant wait for the competitor to jump on this moment…I am going to go try my luck with NETFLIX….

• Corky says:

Logged a ticket to see if Hulu was paying any attention to the issues posted here, Received this (prompt) response from support. Not a subscriber any more – any of you that are – please try and report results back to this forum:

James, Aug-23 04:45 pm (PDT):
    Hi Corky,

Thank you for your email. I’m very sorry to hear you’re experiencing playback issues with the Hulu Plus application on your Sony PlayStation 3. I know that can be frustrating and time consuming. I’ve actually personally posted on that blog several times with various explanations of what to do if you’re experiencing the issue. It looks like you’re not currently with the service, but should you decide to renew, try these steps.

These are the steps we see most commonly help with these types of issues:
    * Plug the PS3 directly into the modem or router via ethernet
    * Ensure the Video Quality is set to Auto (You can set this while a video is playing by pressing R1 on the controller)
    * Ensure no other devices are currently connected to the network
    * Restart the modem/router by unplugging and re-plugging the power supply
    * Disconnect the console from power for at least a minute and then boot it up again
    * Reset the time and date on your PS3 in the main menu (XMB) > Settings > Date and Time Settings > Date and Time > Set via Internet
    * Delete and reinstall the Hulu Plus Application

Please try as many of these steps as seems reasonable given your setup first, and let me know if you see any change.

If the issues persist, I would like to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. Please respond to the list of questions below:

* Which video(s) were you trying to watch? (series title, season and episode number)
    * When did the playback issues start to occur? (beginning, middle or end of the show)
    * What time of day does this behavior occur?
    * Did you experience similar behavior when the ads play?
    * As an experiment, can you lower the video quality of the video you are watching to see if there is improvement in playback? (To change the video quality, press R1 on the controller)
    * Can you perform a connection test on your PlayStation 3? To do this, go to the XMB (menu) and go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test and then provide the download and upload speed.
    * Do you have the original PS3 or the PS3 Slim?
    * Do you see a difference in playback between the first video and subsequent ones? (in other words, does the first video play fine but all other ones experience problems?)
    * Where in the application did you launch the video from (ie. Browse TV, Popular Shows, Queue, Search, etc.)

Any other information you can give that may be helpful would be much appreciated. I’m sure we’ll get this figured out soon.

James

• Shawn M says:

Either Fix the Skipping, Give Me a Credit, or I will Cancel. This is BULL CRAP!

• Henry says:

Really wish u would get this skipping issue resolved. Some time ago, i totally ditched comcast, in favor of Hulu for tv shows and Netflix for movies. Now, with Vudu, i am ready to dump Netflix, cause your tv content is much better, but if you can’t correct this skipping issue, it’ll be my Hulu Plus subscription that gets axed instead

• matt young says:

I going to try a few of the suggestion posted here, if they don’t fix the playback problem I’m canceling my membership. What an inferior product, and it seems a total lack of interest from the hulu designers. Hulu sucks!

• AtamaGaShock says:

My Hulu Plus doesn’t skip, but hardly a viewing session goes by where it doesn’t simply lock up on my PS3, forcing me to hit the PS button to quit it, which then “double beeps” and force-restarts the whole system. Usual culprit is trying to seek to a different point in any given show, where it says “seeking”, but then does nothing…

• Ricardo Remis says:

4 Months and 12 days since last update and streaming problems persists. Hundred of negative comments on the Discussion Forums. Lot of people not renewing their accounts. Others like me with their accounts on Hold… waiting and waiting. Please, Hulu, when will you fix thisapplication on the PS3?

• Jen says:

update worked for one show and then it got choppy again. Very frustrating.

• Jen says:

I used the update and it seemed to work at first, but now it is back to being choppy. very frustrated.

• James R. says:

Was really excited at first. I’m watching the office, well trying to. I’m very patient, i once was on hold for two hours with my air purifier company, and hulu on my playstation3 is driving me mad. Sorry Hulu, but you don’t have long with me. I want to be your customer but you need to step it up…

• Andy says:

Agreed. Watching anything via Hulu Plus on my PS3 is a nightmare. The thing simply doesn’t work. Netflix, you win again =)

• James says:

Thanks for posting, and I’m sorry about the frustration you’ve been having with the Hulu Plus app on your PS3. Our developers are aware of these issues and are hard at work on an update that should address them as soon as possible. Unfortunately, these issues can be complex, so I don’t have a timeline for such an update.

Please try the steps listed here: http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20189372#ps3 , as some users have found them to improve their experience.If you try these steps and still find that you are having troubles, please contact us through more direct avenues at http://bit.ly/HuluHelp . There may be something we can do for you. Once again, I’m sorry about the frustration and we appreciate you bearing with us.

If you have any questions please feel free to let me know. I’d love to help.

James

• Kayla says:

I get so annoyed with watching Hulu! We downloaded it because it stays more up-to-date on newer television shows than Netflix, and has a better variety of them. But I cannot stand the skipping!! It seems like every 4-5 words on ANY show is skipped out, and frozen for a couple seconds at a time! Is there an update to fix this that I am missing?? Otherwise, I will be cancelling my membership! This is unbareable!

• Nolen says:

I also had this issue connecting via Wi-Fi. Tried a few thing. Issue was 100% resolved after setting up a DMZ . I’m a tech myself so no prob but here’s a guide i found: “http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541″ A couple pointers:
    1) You need to set a DHCP lease reservation on your router and set your Static IP on the PS3 to the same address. 2) When your PS3 asks for a primary DNS server it’s you router’s IP address. MTU should be “Auto”. Working with 12Mbps connection it’s flawless. Hope this helps you as well.

• salah says:

i swear if the issues of this crappy program arent fixed im canceling my free trial and staying with nettflix. this sucks.

• Jean-Paul says:

It still skips… This update was posted back in March 2011 and now it’s August 2011 and the problem still exist. My download speed is 12 Mbps. I’m currently using the 1 month free trail.. If the problem doesn’t go away i’m cancelling it. I personally love Netflix, the only reason why i tried Hulu plus is to watch/catch up to tv shows…

• Alisa says:

The skipping! Netflix wins, sorry. I was really pumped up for the new season of Glee and got a free trial of Hulu Plus, but it simply does not compare to Netflix. Since I never really got into the DVDs anyway, my price per month actually went down on Netflix. Get it right, because I will never pay for this horrible quality. After my free month is over, this service is over for me.

• Ricardo Remis says:

Definitively there is something wrong with this application when working on the PS3. Applications like VUDU –in my PS3- plays perfectly, with no issues at all. I have more than 9 mbps download speed (tested) on my Ps3, so everything makes me think is a problem with the HULU Plus application.
    I’m New to Hulu Plus, but a long, long time using Hulu on my PC. I was expecting something better from this service, but in the way it it is, it’s simply unwatchable.

• jd says:

Hulu Plus skips on my PS3 also. I have Netflix and it streams with NO ISSUE. Every 10 seconds it freezes up on Hulu. Is there a fix for this?

• David says:

Okay, giving Hulu Plus a second try now that we don’t have satellite at all. Netflix can stream at Medium HD on our 3 Mbps connection without a problem, but Hulu Plus likes to stutter every second or two VERY frequently when set to SD (1 Mbps). What is the DEAL?!

• laura says:

Ca n’t bea r to wa tch hu l u a ny mo re! We bought a ps3 JUST to watch hulu because we cancelled cable! What a waste. Should of stuck with cable I guess.

• jakob ramnes says:

i am having the same problem as scott q above. Can rarely even get into a show or movie, click on a menu option in the hulu interface, screen goes black. Have deleted and reinstalled twice to see if that helps but nothing. Any fix to this? I was very excited for criterion movies considering most got dropped off netflix but with this bogus stuff happening, no thanks

• Jason Garvin says:

Cmon with Netflix sucking the big one as of late with UI issues and pricing going up, it would be great now more than ever!!! If Hulu would play on the Ps3 without having to pull ones hair out. Just my 2 cents. If Hulu would play on my Ps3 like Netflix did I would give Netflix the axe.

• David says:

I can’t even watch this. Good luck fixing this Hulu, I’ll be sticking with Netflix. I’d rather wait a few months and shows th-at d-on’t ski-p ev-er-y two seco-nds. Free trial did give me a good look at Hulu plus on the TV, it was underwhelming.

• Joni Malmi says:

The skipping is unbearable through the PS3 app. The content and interface is great, but the NEW shows constantly skip and cut out (trying to watch the Sheepdogs on Jimmy Fallon was very frustrating). I have not had as much trouble with older content like Criterion titles. Also, sometimes the app freezes completely and needs to be restarted. Sorry Hulu, but until you can stream flawless content, I’ll be watching Netflix.

• Jeff says:

Same problem here. We can use Netflix in full HD without any problem on the PS3, and we can use Hulu Plus on the iPad or any other device and it works fine. But Hulu plus on the PS3? It’s unwatchable. The skipping is UNRELENTING. I get maybe two seconds of playback, then I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute for the next two seconds. This is a real shame, because the PS3 is the device that I most want to watch Hulu on, but it’s the one that just doesn’t work. It’s been broken for a long time now. Man, Hulu, get your act together.

• Tyler says:

Man seriously HULU – take a page out of the Netflix playbook and figure out a way to playback on a PS3 WITHOUT SKIPPING! So infuriating. I can stream 2 netflix stream to two different devices simultaneously on my network without a single glitch. Try one Hulu show and I’m in skipping hell. With it being so cheap I guess I’ll just do like everyone else though and accept it . . . .

• Maria says:

We recently signed up for the free trial of Hulu Plus for our PS3, it constantly freezes and unfreezes, the shows are too irritating to watch because there’s not a steady stream. Our internet connection is fine, we’ve run speed tests, and netflix streams without a hitch. If Hulu can’t come up with a fix for this, we will NOT be paying for it!

• Scottq says:

PS3 Hulu Plus application problem….Ever since PSN has come back online, I will go to the HULU APP and it comes up just fine, but when I go and choose a program, the loading screen will come up, then the screen goes black and NOTHING. Why am I paying for something I can’t use. WTF!

• Julie M says:

I have been having problems with hulu plus on my PS3 for about a month now. When I opened a ticket they kept telling me it was my computer and ISP. I can watch hulu on my computer (now that I’ve updated the crappy Flash problem fix) but still HuluPlus will not even show a video snidbit on my PS3, I can log in and only see words, no pictures, no video, nothing. When I told them my cable company came out to investigate (and replaced new wire for me) and I have internet, and Netflix works on PS3 then it has to be a Hulu problem. You know what they keep telling me? That the problem is on my end. And I hate that I have to call and be on hold to cancel this service. I too purchased Hulu Plus to get rid of my basic cable, glad I hadn’t done that yet!

• Ally says:

THIS SUCKS. I subscribed to Hulu Plus right before the PS3 blackout. Persevered for a month and now that PS3 is back I see that Hulu Plus is still horrid on my PS3.
    Nothing has changed. It stops and halts every few seconds and is a waste of my money. I’m giving it one more month.
    thats it.
    I’ve had NETFLIX over a year now, and it works FINE on my PS3.

• Victoria Palmer says:

If I watch older shows, I don’t have any skips. I dropped the data down to SD. It will play fine. If I want to watch anything new, I need to re-start the application. This gets rid of the skips/freezing usually. It is annoying when I would like to watch more than one episode of a show. I have to go through the restarting each time. :(

This was bad before the outage.. I don’t even remember if it is worse or not. I love Hulu+ when it works properly. I sat through 2 minutes of Glee in about 10 minutes with skipping. I re-started the application and it is smooth as butter. Damnit.. :(

Please fix it!