The team at Exercise TV shares their workout tips in this guest blog post for Hulu. As always, check with your physician before beginning any new exercise routine.
While your New Year’s resolutions may have already come and gone, Exercise TV is here to remind you that it only takes 10 minutes a day to jumpstart your workout (and those resolutions). This four-week program maximizes both time and variety, so you can have the body you want all year long.
Need a jumpstart this year? Easy! Start moving. Contrary to popular belief, sweating will actually give you even MORE energy in the end. Thankfully, you don’t need to work out to exhaustion in order to benefit from the energy burst and fat burn. Just 10 minutes counts! This week, we’re going to focus on the glutes.
- Try Bootylicious Buns with trainer Stephanie Vitorino. Bottoms up!
- Dance Jam Calorie Burn is sure to get you sweating and feeling the burn in your legs, abs and obliques long after you’ve finished. Not to mention … it’s fun!
- Daily 100: Sit down, stand up 100 times (or just make sure to do it 100 times through the entire day)! Just before your bottom touches the chair, stand up and then sit back down again and again!
- No time to work out? Squeeze your glutes together to get a little extra burn at work, in the car, cooking dinner, or even at the movie theater.
For the second week of your jumpstart, the goal is to get moving. Even if you “don’t have time to work out,” you can probably find 10 minutes for exercise in your busy day. This week, we’re adding strength training exercises to your routine.
- Sexy Legs will strengthen and sexify your gams, glutes and core.
- Take it to the next step with 10 Minute Buns and Thighs, sculpting your booty and legs with that good pain that makes you want to come back for more.
- Daily 100: Jumping jacks for 100 reps. It’s a great, back-to-basics leg toner that gets you burning calories and your metabolism pumping.
- No time to work out? Vacuum! The push and pull motion targets the chest. Really get into the movement and you’ll feel the difference.
Don’t give up on your Jumpstart to fitness! On your third week, focus on your arms while making sure to do a total-body burn too. And have fun with it. Exercise doesn’t have to be a chore.
- Pilates Core Sculpt workout will help you get that slim pilates shape with sexy cut muscles that make you stand out in a crowd
- The ABC’s of Hip Hop is a fun and sassy way to get fit while learning a few moves for the dance floor!
- Daily 100: Plank. It’s the top of a push-up, but then you just hold it there — for 100 seconds.
- No time to work out? Shovel snow. The weight against the shovel forces your arm muscles to really engage. No snow? Scrub the shower! Get into it, make it sparkly clean, and tone your arms while you’re at it!
The final week of 10-minute workouts are the beginning of a fit mindset and healthy habits that will keep your body in check all year long! This week, you’ve gotta get into those abs. Of course, sexy abs aren’t just about crunches; you’ve got to get in some cardio to burn the fat off, too.
- Check out Standing Abs, a no-crunch way to define your core without ever laying on the floor!
- For a dynamic eight-move circuit that will burn serious fat fast, the Espresso Workout is a must.
- Daily 100: Skip. Yes, just like when you were in grade school. Skipping is a great cardio workout. Swing your arms, engage your core and skip!
- No time to work out? Seated Ab Squeezes. Big fast exhale through your nose and squeeze your stomach. Yes, you’re engaging your abs and slowly but surely toning… at the office, in the car, anywhere.