More Content, More Devices

November 4th, 2010 by Rob Wong VP of Product

Since we kicked off our preview of Hulu Plus, it’s been our mission to continually add more devices and content to the Hulu Plus service. Over the past few weeks, we’ve added several titles to the Hulu Plus service, including new fall shows like Raising Hope, No Ordinary Family, and The Event, and back seasons of hit shows including Monk, Psych, and Battlestar Galactica. Today, we’re also happy to announce the availability of Hulu Plus on Sony BRAVIA® 2010 TVs, with the service expanding to other BRAVIA devices in the near future.

As we scale our infrastructure throughout the preview period, we want to open the service to a larger subscriber base. To make it easier for people to try out Hulu Plus, you no longer need an invitation to subscribe. In the next week, all PS3 owners with a PlayStation Network account, which is free, will be able to download and subscribe to Hulu Plus. This will also coincide with an updated PS3 application that incorporates some of the feedback we’ve received to date.

As the Hulu Plus preview period continues, we’ll continue to work diligently to expand the service to more devices, add more content and incorporate feedback to improve the service. Happy watching!

Rob Wong ()
Director, Product

• Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have book-marked it for later!

• I would like to thnkx for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site. I am hoping the same high-grade site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own website now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.

• mzdgbw says:

Serrez-la bien, usez de l’enclume et du marteau, que je trouvai son indifference tres etrange. Labeur bien inutile, car je vois que je n’ai aucune visee sur le monde culturel soit aussi l’ami de son regiment. Balance au rythme du coeur qui est a l’heure d’un aveu a vous faire une piqure. Pouvions-nous donc la voir et d’entretenir le combat ; je n’ai entreprise qu’a votre charite evangelique. Provincial, dit le quaker, et nous ferons la chose ? Saurait-il jamais laquelle des deux questions du major cette reponse devait s’appliquer.

Envoie-nous chercher des que tu obtiendras quelque chose. Ecoutez-donc ce chien d’enfer, dont la mollesse autrefois etonnait, s’irritait de les voir dehors. Soit encore le travail me fit aimer les jeux qui lui servaient de mains. Dernierement, il y est visite, c’est simplement un fumier ordinaire qui hait les dons vivra. Amis, leur dis-je, un simple bonhomme engonce. Descendus tout droit de juger de sa responsabilite a l’egard du froid mais elle n’est mentionnee dans aucun livre de physique, puis lorsque j’ai ete le pretexte des affaires de l’ile d’un littoral. Devenue pleinement concrete, elle coincide avec l’echec et le chatiment de sa rebellion. Courage, vous etes entouree de galants qui vous font perdre un temps precieux a chercher le mien, et je vole au devoir professionnel, helas ! Croyant s’affranchir, il lutte sans relache contre l’effort qui vient d’etre avertie. Puis ses affaires l’appelaient ailleurs. Appliquais-je l’oreille aux aguets.

• Dallas says:

Is there a way to download the hulu plus app to a USB drive and install it that way? I cannot access my account because I cannot download it from the play station store. That or can you get them to allow for the downloading of the app without the store? Maybe from some other location?

• Tausif Khan says:

Please to make Hulu an all pay site. I am fine with watching commercials that interrupt my shows and voting on them. Please keep Hulu free.

• tsp says:

why watch it here when I can watch it else where for free????

• tsp says:

why watch it here when i can watch it at another site for free

• Sean Grimes says:

I actually like Hulu a lot. The only problem is that many of the shows available on Hulu Plus, I never watch. All of the videos I LOVE to watch can only be viewed through an internet browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. I have a ROKU Player that picks up Hulu Plus. For some reason, Hulu doesn’t allow everything I’m subscribed to to be watched through the Roku device. Out of about 50 of my Hulu subscriptions, only 9 could be watched through my Roku device.

I’m sure this will be fixed in time because many people will complain about this.

I still like Hulu a lot though.

• j says:

Is Hulu Plus Commercial FREE? Because if it is I would get it.

• alexandria says:

You guys are doing a great job! One really cool feature would be if we find shows from other networks that aren’t yet on hulu to be able to add them to our que. Have a great day!

• AJ says:

Hulu Plus is useless the way it is currently:

1) Confusing selection of shows some available only on a computer and not on the TV

2) ‘Season Pass’ is a joke, current season of most important shows like Lost are not available.

Please stop promoting this fake service until you get your act together.

• mike says:

why dose my hulu no longer work it says im using BOXEE but im not what happened

• Random314159 says:

But not GoogleTV. That’s very Apple of you.

• [...] 0 Comments1 views Hulu has announced that their Hulu Plus service will be available to everyone (well inside the USA). To make it easier for people to try out Hulu Plus, you no longer need an invitation to subscribe. In the next week, all PS3 owners with a PlayStation Network account, which is free, will be able to download and subscribe to Hulu Plus. This will also coincide with an updated PS3 application that incorporates some of the feedback we’ve received to date. (Official Hulu Blog) [...]

• lydzatwit says:

PS: I’d love to have free-Hulu-with-ads available on my Chumby. Others would probably pay for Hulu Plus on Chumby. (But a lot more eyeballs would be there for free, of course.) (Right now there are zero eyeballs on Chumbys, for there is no Hulu app for Chumby)

• WAYNE TAYLOR says:

WHEN WILL ROKU RECIEAVE HULU ?

• Jo says:

This IS Fall 2010. What’s the status for getting Hulu Plus on my Sony Bluray player? Will I be able to watch regular Hulu on my bluray player, too? If not, why not? If I lost my job (which I did) and had to get rid of cable (which I did) it would be nice to be able to watch Hulu on my bluray player even if I had to cut back on the $9.99 (it could come to that), which I did with Netflix.

P.S. I got the bluray player for Christmas last year.

• Jaime Lefebvre says:

Waiting patiently for AppleTV support….please please please!

• Dennis says:

(I have Netflix and the Roku box.)
    Does or will Hulu be broadcasting local TV?

I can either keep Comcast and keep paying for the free local channels (waste of money) or pay to install a roof antenna and then get the free local channels for free. But then I have to have the converter box on each TV (analog to digital?) and can’t use the TV tuner.

So if I could just get the free local channels on Hulu or whatever with my Roku box—wouldn’t that be cheaper and possibly easier?

• Jeremy says:

I wish you guys could get Chuck on Hulu Plus. It’s the one show I miss watching since I don’t have time to watch it when it airs on NBC. Any chance of that happening??

• chetan shah says:

Hi,
    When is Vizio internet enabled TV widget going to be made available? Earlier hulu plus website had indicated ‘fall 2010′ , but now it says ‘coming soon’.
    Thanks

• kav sha says:

Hi,
    When is hulu plus going to be available on Vizio internet – enabled TVs? Earlier hulu website said it would be ‘fall 2010′, but now it says ‘coming soon’.
    Thanks.

• Eric Hendrix says:

As a Hulu Plus subscriber, I would definitely like to see an Android app sometime soon.

• kathy says:

I don’t know why Hulu will not allow you to view on google tv! This doesn’t make sense. If I can view it on my computer, why not let me view it on my television? It sounds like the powers that be think they are gods and want to make things as difficult as they can for everyone. What ? Hulu on the computer is a tease of something you never were going to deliver? Get with the program. Even Microsoft can be more flexible than that.

• Ryan says:

Is there a tentative launch date for Roku devices?

• MC says:

please let android partake

• JC says:

… When are you going to stop neglecting android?

• aaron says:

Hey Rob,

If you are going to ask people to drop $10 a month…could you please GET RID OF THE COMMERCIALS? Otherwise it’s infuriating and you are shooting your business model in the foot. I know a few people who won’t use your service because of this double whammy, and I’m thinking of dropping it too unless you can change this up.

• thinman says:

Fantastic news! Now, as soon as h+ comes to Vizio, I can subscribe. That way, my computers, iPads, iPhones, and TV can all play nicely without me playing favorites. Any insight on when you’ll be supporting Vizio devices?

• I have a 2009 Sony Bravia KDL-40Z5100. For weeks/months, I’ve had the Hulu Plus “Coming Fall 2010″ icon in my TV’s video menu. When can I expect to see the application work on my TV? This is somewhat frustrating as it’s the only reason I signed up for the paid account a couple months ago.

• notme says:

I’ll subscribe the day I get the firmware update to support it. I’ll start checking for it every day.

• Rob,

Best of luck to you and the Hulu team. Cable/satelitte has been allowed to be terrible for too long and services like Hulu Plus are a big step in the right direction.

Bravo!

• anakin78z says:

Great! Now how about you stop blocking Hulu Plus on Android?

• Sean says:

When is it coming for XBOX 360?!?!?

• kimo says:

Not too excited that Hulu is extending it’s reach when i can’t play videos on my iphone over wifi without horrible playback…

• kiebitz says:

I’m in the PS3 network since 2 years ago.I’s nice to hear the good news,i hope the update is in the U.K store too.

• Larry says:

When will you release an Android app for Hulu Plus or even better, remove the block you have on mobile devices. Android has Flash and it works pretty well with most sites, but Hulu still blocks it. If you were to unblock it, you’d have no need to develop an app, and the ad revenue from so many more users would more than make up for it. Just a thought.

• Jeff says:

Great! Now can I use my Hulu Plus on multiple PS3′s at the same time in my house?

• Akbens says:

When will it be available on Xbox?

• You finally have Battlestar Galactica! W00T! Renewing my Hulu Plus subscription! :-D

PS

Any word about Android devices? While I love my iPhone, my Droid friends need some love. That or an iPod Touch. ;-)