Live Stream Event: Presidential Address

June 15th, 2010 by Rebecca Harper Editor

As President Obama addresses the nation regarding the oil spill in the Gulf this evening, you can catch the speech in its entirety as it streams live from Hulu. The stream — available internationally — is expected to begin at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST and will include ABC News commentary before and after the President’s remarks. While the address is in progress, you can initiate the live stream from the Featured Content section of the Hulu home page or watch here on the .

Hulu’s live stream of the presidential address can be embedded on your website or blog — simply grab the embed code provided in the countdown player below.

Rebecca Harper ()
Editor

Last comment: Jul 21st 2013 6 Comments
  • red Bikini says:

I savor, lead to I discovered just what I
    used to be looking for. You have ended my four day long hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

• Ixhu Naylu says:

I may owe you an apology. They just showed up again.

If I misunderstood something about how the Hulu blog works, then please accept my apology.

• Ixhu Naylu says:

Wow. Sure, I copied/pasted my three posts; but I copied/pasted MY OWN three posts from the discussion area where this particular video is shown on the non-blog Hulu site.

They were good points, too. I’m surprised they were deleted – I am contributing to a blog, after all.

• Ixhu Naylu says:

President Obama said that we’ve talked about the need to end America’s addiction to fossil fuels.

This is like saying America has an addiction to tools. Ok, sure, but if they help produce things, then so what.

Currently (if I can build on this analogy), green energy would be like working with diamond encrusted 24 karat gold tools. Sure they work, but they’re not cost effective – investing in them would tank the economy at this point, and if someone else can do it cheaper with the normal tools, then they’re going to do better as a business, and create way more jobs. That’s just common sense.

Oh, and the people who would use the normal tools would be taking the jobs from us, so think about THAT national security issue.

• Ixhu Naylu says:

President Obama disagreed with the philosophy that says “corporations should be allowed to play by their own rules and police themselves”.

If they’re not doing anything wrong, then there’s nothing to police. Besides, the police analogy doesn’t work because there is already a police equivalent for businesses called “the police”, when they are required.

Regulation hinders a company’s ability to do R&D and to expand (aka create jobs), and is unnecessary because the court system is regulation enough (when it works like it’s supposed to).

• Ixhu Naylu says:

You can make sure that a catastrophe like this never happens again by allowing BP to burn the oil before it gets to the coast.

Also, you can get out of the way when the private sector wants to help with the resources they themselves have produced.

As an aside, the private sector also produce all government resources – taxes come from the private sector, materials come from the private sector, human resources recruited to do the work of government come from the private sector. This is true of every government.