Scheduled Site Maintenance

February 27th, 2009 by Rebecca Harper Editor

Hulu will be performing site maintenance from 12 a.m. PST Saturday until approximately 3 p.m. PST Saturday afternoon. While you will still be able to watch videos on Hulu.com during that time, many services will be unavailable, including access to your queue, subscriptions and account history; the ability to create new ratings, reviews and discussion forum posts; new account sign-up; and updates to your existing Hulu profile. Subscriptions to shows that are posted during this time will also be affected.

We apologize in advance for the inconvenience, and we’ll have the site fully functioning as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

Rebecca (rebecca.harper@hulu.com)
Editor

Last comment: Feb 25th 2015 10 Comments
  • I tend not to leave many comments, however i did a few searching and wound up here Scheduled Site Maintenance Hulu Blog.
    And I actually do have some questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be only me or does it look as if like a few of these responses come across like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing on other sites, I’d like to follow everything new you
    have to post. Could you make a list of all of all your social pages
    like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

• The stuttering is evident on every streaming service. It is wise for Hulu to acknowledge that it is more of a technical issue and not with the person’s equipment.

• I can watch the show perfectly with no problem. My kids love you. thanks

• Rev says:

It would be great if you can add “remember login” info rather than having to sign into the account everyday. Keep up the good work in scaling.

• Andy says:

Why is it that I can’t get videos added to Hulu after about Thursday of last week to play correctly? Older ones do just fine as they always have. The video portion of the newer ones stutters something fierce and bogs down my machine.

Did Hulu change something?

• I can watch the show perfectly with no problem. My kids love you. thanks

• Jimmie says:

The stuttering is evident on every streaming service. It is wise for Hulu to acknowledge that it is more of a technical issue and not with the person’s equipment. The issue mostly happens when a camera pans across a scene. To me it may have to do more with the bit rate and compression than it does with anyone’s equipment. I have yet to find that download speeds or cpu power has any real effect on stuttering. If your video stops and needs to buffer than it is probably download speed or processor power.

I only feel that time and better technology will improve the stuttering issue. I have been watching online videos for a decade and each year it gets better. We are on the verge of receiving HD video in all it’s glory. We just need more time and these issues will work themselves out. I applaud Hulu’s efforts in making web video the place to consume content but for a while we may have to sacrifice quality for convenience an cost. One day things will be on par with dvd’s and cable but it may take a year or two.

• RebeccaHulu says:

JR, Unfortunately, it is difficult to isolate just one cause for stuttering. Hulu’s Support section has an area dedicated to video stuttering issues:

(Scroll down the page to “Stuttering”.)

• Mr.Curtis says:

Going “down” for maintenance yet a still functional site!? You the site Hulu. You the site.

• JR, says:

You need to do something about the streaming on your movie chanell, it stutters very bad when the movie is playing. Can you please fix it? JR.