IMAX Nature Films

July 25th, 2008 by Betina Chan-Martin Product Manager

We often receive requests for more educational programming, and today’s Hulu Days of Summer addition should deliver. We’ve put together a collection of five new-to-Hulu documentaries that span the globe. These films, from our partners at K2 Communications, offer a close look at the world around us. Originally produced for IMAX® theaters, they offer high-impact, educational and inspirational entertainment for the entire family.

First, you can prepare yourself for the upcoming Shark Week on cable television with Search for the Great Sharks. Traveling from the coast of California to remote parts of South and Western Australia, the film pursues blue sharks (found everywhere from Newfoundland to Argentina), whale sharks and the notorious great white shark.

And then there’s Africa: The Serengeti. Narrated by James Earl Jones, it tracks the Great Migration across the Serengeti plains in Tanzania and Kenya. Over two million grazing animals — including wildebeest, zebras and gazelles — make the trek each year.

If you prefer natural wonders, The Greatest Places ventures to seven spectacular spots: Greenland, Madagascar, Namib, the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Tibet, Iguazu Falls in South America, and the Amazon. If you’ve seen the latest Indiana Jones movie, the dramatic Iguazu Falls will look familiar. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is nearly four times as wide as Niagara Falls, with 275 different cascades plunging 270 feet into the gorge below.

In addition to these, there’s also Ocean Oasis, an underwater look at the Sea of Cortes in Baja California, and The Great American West, a recap of the frontier’s history through the stories and words of the real-life settlers of the Western territory.

Enjoy, (),
Rebecca

Last comment: Aug 19th 2015 8 Comments
  • amir bengali says:

More Imax Movies On Hulu Please!

• Matt says:

Well, I have no issues at all even using wi-fi as my primary connection.Other competitors are far worse, best example is Joost, now that is a skipping, stutter fest if there ever was one.My laptop is top of the line, so my experience may in fact be different on older tech.

• Wow, this looks like an awesome show! I’m moving to hawaii and scared to death of sharks.

Is it possible that you can push for Hulu to have this captioned? I don’t hear very well and I’lll love to read where “chomp chomp” comes in.

• Yann says:

@john: movies skipping and database are completely unrelated… If you have no idea what you’re talking about, maybe you shouldn’t try giving advices to others…

@Joe: don’t expect to have an old crappy computer and be able to enjoy video streaming… You don’t complain that you can’t watch TV on a radio do you?

Hulu is one of the best websites out there in terms of features, usability, and design. High quality video content on the web is in its infancy.

So take a chill pill and stop complaining for a minute… or even better: do better if you can…

• J Hall says:

Hello everyone,I have had some glitches also, probably not to the extent that others have had. That’s saying something consdering I’m running Vista. It might be helpful if you don’t run some of the HD stuff on full screen, even having said the former Family Guy runs effortlessly either way.I would be truly interested in how things play out. P.S., I hope this won’t turn into one of those Napster debacles

• Casey says:

Guesses for Hulu Days of Summer:
    Monday- Pan’s Labyrinth
    Tuesday- Much Ado About Nothing
    Wednesday- Hoop Dreams
    Thursday- The Scorpion King
    Friday- Mad About You

• John says:

Yup, I agree with Joe. I started using Hulu in March with no problems but the “Hulu Days of Summer” program appears to be adding more new content and users than the servers can handle. Short videos (5 minutes or less) tend to play with no problems but full episodes and feature films are usually almost unwatchable because of the skipping. Hulu really needs to upgrade their servers and optimize their code and database if they want to see more viewers in August.

• Joe Rowe says:

Hulu videos skip frames and the audio cuts out like a bad cell phone call. This is not the fault of the 4 new computers I’ve tested in 2 different locations. Your severs are bogged down or you don’t have a low frame rate version with good audio. I’m a teacher and I’m glad you have woken up to education needs. Perhaps you should visit some local schools and watch hulu videos there, you will be in for some major bugs to investigate. Don’t expect your audience to have a computer that is 2 years old or newer.