And the Crunchie Goes to…

January 20th, 2008 by Eric Feng

We’re excited (and incredibly honored) to announce that we’ve won the Crunchie award for Best video startup at the 2007 Crunchies! The awards show, held on Friday at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco, was an inaugural event organized by TechCrunch, GigaOm, Read/WriteWeb, and VentureBeat to “recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year”. Most importantly, it was users who picked the winners by casting online votes so thank you all for your support!

We were on hand for the fun and festivities of the ceremony that featured industry heavyweights (like Mark Zuckerberg and Kevin Rose), a terrific performance by the Richter Scales, and a very entertaining acceptance speech by Fake Steve Jobs. But the highlight of the evening for me – besides picking up the award of course… – was getting to meet MC Hammer (yes, you read that right) at the after party.

Again, on behalf of the entire Hulu team, thanks so much for your votes and we look forward to living up to these expectations in 2008.

Eric Feng ()

Last comment: Feb 5th 2008 8 Comments
  • Ryan Spahn says:

Hey we were there ( Sleep.FM – The Social Alarm Clock ). Didnt see Hammer this time, though you couldn’t miss him at the TechCruch40 event.

So you guys going to be adding American Idol to the line up soon? Shame it’s not on here…

• scratchiti says:

Really amazing product, but I just feel like the whole thing doesn’t work unless there’s a VERY deep catalog. I’ve been using this for two months now, and I feel like I’ve “finished” Hulu.

• Tyson says:

Great job Hulu.

• Parker says:

Congrats but I 2nd Shamurace..I can’t watch anything anymore..everything’s expired..even the one’s that have popped up in my playlist show an expiration date 1 or 2 months from now but when I try to load to watch it says my chance to watch it has expired. And what is with the expiration date thing anyway?

• hab13 says:

What happened to all the Chuck episodes ??

• Huge congratulations to everyone at Hulu! Special shout-outs to Christina, Eugene, Jason and you, Eric — just love how far you’ve all come. And, it’s increasingly cool to hear from folks how much they love Hulu — onward!

• Uilleam says:

Congratulations, and thank you for creating such a great site and experience.

• shamurace says:

Why most of the NBC’s shows episodes are expiring? Are you gonna re-upload?