Happy Holidays!

December 24th, 2007 by Rob Post Director, QA

On behalf of the Hulu team, I want to wish everyone a warm seasons greetings! I hope you are all finding time to enjoy the holidays with friends and family.

But in case you’re looking for a break from shopping, decorating, feasting, and other seasonal merriment, the Hulu team has pulled together some collections of videos from our growing library.

Collections are lists of videos assembled according to some theme. From funny Alec Baldwin moments to Saturday Night Live commercial parodies, we’ve created a variety of collections for you to enjoy (including a collection of my own personal favorites). If you need some help getting in the holiday spirit, we’ve created two holiday video collections with memorable episodes and clips from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Doogie Howser, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and more.

We hope you enjoy our new collections. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Robert A Post, Jr. ()
“OCD over Hulu quality” as Director of Test and Quality Assurance

Last comment: Sep 21st 2017 19 Comments
  • I also noticed that episodes disappear for no reason. That’s annoying and it interrupts the pleasure of watching something new I’ve been curious about or wanting to check it out for a while. I don’t understand the “video clips” idea either. Why would I want to watch a scene or a couple of minutes from a particular episode/show?
    _________________________________________
    @Jackson

• Kim says:

You know one thing I might suggest someone taking a look at… is the fact that when I go into a show… for instance, SNL… and want to take a look at one of the TON of clips they have… I will watch one and when I go to pick another clip to watch, it makes us go all the way to the first clips and have to sit there and click and click the arrows to get over far enough to where we left off looking at. Not fun. I give up after a while.

• Baffled says:

The main site as of December 5 2007 does not show any way to search for the name of a given show.

• I absolutely love this; I don’t bother watching tv anymore, I sit with my laptop, do whatever else I’m working on and watch whatever I want.

I love it when if I need to stop watching a show for any reason, when I go back in, there it is at the exact spot I left off.

I don’t mind the commercials; it’s worth it. I love Hulu; the glitches and etc. don’t bother me at all because I know this is destined to be the next great thing! Thank you for hulu!

• Simone says:

I got rid of my television almost 20 years ago so I’m not familiar with current television content. However, I do subscribe to Netflix and watch shows that come recommended by friends on DVD. I’m finding Hulu great because it allows me to watch content whenever and wherever I find myself at the moment with (almost) no commercial interruption. I love the interface and the overall accessibility of the site. But I have a few bones to pick with the Hulu concept. First of all, I don’t know why there are only a limited amount of episodes available for certain shows and not the complete seasons (maybe because I’m on Beta??) Some shows have only episodes 10 and 13 available. I normally don’t skip episodes and watch everything pretty much in a linear way. I also noticed that episodes disappear for no reason. That’s annoying and it interrupts the pleasure of watching something new I’ve been curious about or wanting to check it out for a while. I don’t understand the “video clips” idea either. Why would I want to watch a scene or a couple of minutes from a particular episode/show?
    One negative side that the Hulu folks cannot be blamed for is that I’m not able to enjoy Hulu on the go using my iPod Touch because it does not play flash video. I know it’s unfair to bring up this issue but if Hulu is all about video on demand, people like me will need to see some inclusive solutions before we become die hard users. Cheers and happy 2008!

• nmdoh says:

What happened to Tin Man?

Another commenter mentioned a disappearing series; I don’t know if we’re talking about the same thing or if things disappear on a regular basis around here.

• Boatplans says:

This is my first night to try Hulu. You have a very nice service and it appears from reading the blog it is in its infancy. (I’m canceling the cable TV service.) Writing as an enthusiastic 65 year old techi geek, this technology is advancing so rapidly it is impossible to keep up with it whilst working in a demanding full time profession outside video imaging. Somewhere on your home page, it would be helpful if you kept an outline of the current recommended software and hardware we viewers should use. I built this system from components dug out of our local electronic recycler’s junk, so it is a three or four years old. Nevertheless, I am having good results viewing Hulu. I have an old precision CRT display used for CAD work. It displays your products nicely, but my video processing is slow. When I have time, back to the junk yard! Good luck and Happy Hew Year.

• Kweej says:

I was in the middle of watching a series and it disappeared. It would have been nice getting notice, but I’ll assume it was quick because of legal issues.

• Tim Bogus says:

The Holiday TV Episodes is a great idea – but it’s funny that the recently released Monk and Pysch Christmas episodes that recently aired on USA (and ironically now on the Hulu website) are not included in that list…

Just thought I’d mention that…

**Hulu Should** institute a user tagging system to help identify videos of a particular nature…

• Juan says:

You guys are doing a great job, and you really deserve recognition for it. Keep up the good work!

A quick question: Is there a dedicated space (either on this blog or elsewhere) where we as the users can share our feedback with you? A few of my friends and I are on the beta and we’ve come up with some questions and suggestions, but we’re not sure where to put them…Thanks!

• Christian says:

dear hulu team,

when will hulu really be the “anytime anywhere” platform it should have been from the start. in non us countries it is simply not possible to watch your content an this message is always showed instead … “Unfortunately, this video is not currently available in your country or region. We apologize for the inconvenience”

when will plattforms like these stop treating non us citizens like 2nd class people? this should be an internet application not an “US application” or am i wrong?

hope to see other countries supported soon! maybe a new years present?

regards chris

• I wanted to chime back in and say I got an email
    from the password reset module, Hulu is back at 100%! :) Thanks Team!

• jeff says:

collections are great.

series are great.

partial series are not great (who wants to watch 5 parts of a 24 part show that starts with part 5?)

no issues with playback =)

but i will never play parts 5-10, or parts 1-5 of season 1, then parts 1-5 of season 2, missing 6-22 of season 1. huh?

• David says:

The Saturday Night Live commercial parodies collection and your personal favorites collection are the same link.

• thegrimmling says:

I have had issues on even times that are “off peak” issues viewing Firefly and Family Guy.

• I was really enjoying the program, it stopped logging me in and then tried my crdentials manually, did not work, I used the reset and it sent a link to reset the password which did not work. Long story short, it basically seem to reset my spot and did not even recognize me. I’m put out, I really think hulu is very very promising, I just feel put out, thanks for letting me chime in. Peace~ n’ Happy Holidays to all

John aka Angry CPU

• anon says:

full screen works for me without going to a popout window.

i just joined a couple of days ago.

• lotusgreen says:

hi–congratulations and good luck.

questions: is there a way to find what has been uploaded since you last visited, or “most recently updated” or anything like that?

and is there a way to watch the collections all in one, like watch all the holiday clips together rather than just separately?

thanks

lily

• gregf says:

That’s great but, why does full screen now go to a popout window rather than going full screen as it did before. This started happening last week some time.